1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered two of these babies from Amazon:

LED Flame Effect Light Bulb with 3 lighting modes:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DCNRDTT

Promo code: DEALCO15 takes it down to $8. I'm thinking I should have ordered half a dozen - but without knowing how they will perform and getting similar single effects from those clearance $5 moving lights from Home Depot, et al... two will do. As LED lights become the norm - I'm betting prices will probably drop sharply in the next few years. But if these are bright - I'll be a happy haunter!

·
Registered
188 Posts
There are some 2/$12.99 + .99 shipping listings on eBay, if these Amazon ones sell out.

Edit: The ones on eBay are listed as being in California and not China so shipping should be much quicker. Sometimes sellers lie about that but if they do, you can get a refund.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The page says

"Get it as soon as Aug. 2 - 28 if you choose Standard Shipping at checkout."

A month to be delivered? These must be shipping from overseas, probably China.

·
Read Only
1,348 Posts
Brightness of Flame Lights

While I can't speak for the lights Amazon is selling, I have purchased similar lights through Ali Express and they can be impressive. In low light situations they look great, but they won't show up really well if there is competing light surrounding it. (I ordered two more from Amazon, because the price was right, so thanks for the heads up.)

If you're looking for something even more exotic, Ali Express has the flame lamps in different colors. Ali Express will have an equally long shipping time because these bulbs are coming from China, but if you order now, you'll have plenty of time to work them into your haunt.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...194.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dOBPvxU is a link to the flame effect lights that come in other colors. We bought two of the green ones, and they looked great in our outside porch lights. Just be aware that they're rather long, and require a bit more space than a traditional light bulb. You'll also want to make sure you order the right bulb base. The E26 is the American version. As with the yellow flame, they're not usable as a light source so much as an effect. I'd say the light is somewhere between a 25 and 40 watt incandescent bulb output. But as far as effects go, we thought they were terrific.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Is this really a deal? There are others that look identical on amazon for about $9 with prime shipping as well. No reviews on this one at all. Seems like a fake sale. Anyone tried this one out yet?

·
Read Only
1,348 Posts
Is this really a deal? There are others that look identical on amazon for about $9 with prime shipping as well. No reviews on this one at all. Seems like a fake sale. Anyone tried this one out yet?
Not all the flame lights are the same. But that said, as the one mentioned is advertised on Amazon, it's backed by them. If it turns out to be some sort of bogus deal, they will reimburse the cost of the product. Worst case scenario, you've waited until late August to find out you don't have the lights you wanted. That leaves you with still time enough to buy them elsewhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
actually the disney designed Luminara candles blow these away, I just wish they could make a version that would screw into a light fixture.
and I don't know why you would want cold white bulbs, it looks like a light shorting out. but i will probably buy some warm ones.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I really like this one the best by far just not the price

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just an update, the 4 I ordered on June 29th were delivered today. So, much faster than originally thought! They look great. They aren't adjustable or anything, but I threw them in a couple of lamps and with a shade on them, they look just like firelight. I'm planning to put a cover over them and use them as torches outside this year. So, pretty excited! Thanks again for the heads up!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My Amazon lights were delivered today and am very pleased with them. They can be switched from steady light to flame mode. Glad I ordered from Amazon since I know they will always credit or replace any item received damaged, The bulbs were not packed very well - only a thin cardboard box with none of Amazon's signature air-bag packaging. The edges of the small box was crushed.

But happily, the bulbs were just fine and I am very pleased with them. They will no doubt eventually be sold for less and become more ubiquitous in the future, In a year or so- I expect to find them at Dollar Tree!

·
Read Only
1,348 Posts
They will no doubt eventually be sold for less and become more ubiquitous in the future, In a year or so- I expect to find them at Dollar Tree!
One should never look at technology from the point of view that it is a good investment. :) These lights first sold for three times the amount they are going for now. No doubt we'll see them less expensive as the years roll on. All I can say is I am grateful for all the tech buffs who simply have to have the latest/greatest gizmo at the introductory price. Their willingness to buy things the first year they come out makes it possible for us to buy it at a fraction of the cost a few years down the line. Our haunt will never be cutting edge, but we're happy to be third or forth tier tech capable thanks to everyone who paved the way before us.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts