Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Florida Haunter's Gathered Valentines Day In Edgewater Florida for
a Shiatsu Massager Make and Take.

Several Graver Grabbers in various styles of Spooky Sam's and Madmax versions were assembled and along with starts and plans for several
spider victims to follow.

Attending: Ghostess, Brushe, Coda180, Maureenpr, Ishwitch, Cylonfrogqueen, Hamm, Spyder. Dave in the Grave, who was vacationing
in the area for the Daytona 500, popped in after all was over ! It was great meeting him face to face and hope he will be able to attend a future Make and Take as a guest, or as a guest instructor !

We invite Florida haunters to keep check of the Event section of this forum for future Make & Takes. Hopefully the next will be in April?

Here are some Pics :

There was also a Kick- As* show and tell prop display By
Coda180, Brushe and Spyder.

Here is my link to Photobucket Album. Will be adding other members pics to the album once I get them.

FL Haunt 02-14-09 pictures by cylonfrogqueen - Photobucket

·
SuperBeast
1,641 Posts
now that the initial rush of jealous rage has settled....

(begin guilt trip) WOW!!! It looks like you guys had an awesome time. IF I HAD KNOWN:p........I probably would have come. You're only about 3 hours away from me. That would have been fun for the whole family.:(............................we would have brought brownies, for Pete's sake.:(....(end guilt trip)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Rookie I'm sorry you didn't know, and couldn't be here.
We had a great time. Lots things to see, people to exchange ideas with, and food. Wish there could be more group builds. It was great meeting people in person, to put a face with screen name. There was talk of an April build. Maybe we could get together for that one.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
I 'dido' what glasseye said. I wish I lived in FL sometimes. But I don't. :-( But I do enjoy seeing all of your pictures. How often do most of you meet up? :)

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
now that the initial rush of jealous rage has settled....

(begin guilt trip) WOW!!! It looks like you guys had an awesome time. IF I HAD KNOWN:p........I probably would have come. You're only about 3 hours away from me. That would have been fun for the whole family.:(............................we would have brought brownies, for Pete's sake.:(....(end guilt trip)

Just brownies? Where's the beer buddy? :D:p

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, Florida weather has been really nice. Had a couple cold days and a freeze, hence all the dead tropical plants and grass. The Make & Take was actually rather warm. 84 degrees and sunny.

Its a great group of people and there were alot that could not make this one due to $, time,
distance and the fact is was Valentines Day. Brushe is actually from North Carolina, and drove all the way down in his motor home. So Rookie, you are certainly welcome to come to any of our Make and Takes. Yes, great fun for the family. There is usually a couple "haunters" in training around and they make great "go-fers" or "hold this" people until they get bored with us !

Beer? oh yes there is beer - and even jello shots this time. All In moderation, ofcourse, and only after working with the power tools ( roll eyes) and due care was taken by those that had to drive home. Plenty of food. It was great.

Getting together to exchange ideas and create a prop is very stimulating. Recommend everyone to hook up with other people in their states or local areas to do Make and Takes and show and tells. And making friends in your area is a great network for resources beyond what you can find or reach out for. Nothing like having a bunch of eyeballs out there
looking for speciality things for each other's haunts when people are thrift shopping, garage sales, freecycle, local stores or classifieds. The Florida Haunters rock when it comes to sharing or giving a heads up on prop resources.

I think New Jersey and So. California have organized groups. I am not sure about other states or areas. Perhaps the Halloweenforum should put in a new sub-catagory for Haunter Building groups according to regions or states. I dunno it was a thought. I Don't know if
others on this forum would be interested in having Larry do that.

oh and I forgot. North Carolina has a group too.
Brownies? We had regular "plain " brownies. LOL !
perhaps Rookie has some speciality brownies in mind. LOL !

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
The green stuff in the pictures....is that grass? I haven't seen any in a while....I think it's under all that white stuff in the yard.

I second the CylonFrogQueen on looking for local groups. Last week I went to a meeting of the RockyMountainHaunters. I met a lot of nice and helpful people and look forward to attending more of their activities in the future. Browsing their website, I see where they have experience building several of the props I would like to add to my haunt.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yeah, I think we had 3 M&Ts last year, one tombstone workshop/BBQ and a St Augustine weekend beach gathering/Ghost Tour/Hunt. If you don't have anything going on in your state or region, MAKE something happen! I got tired of waiting (I'm a follower, NOT a leader) on someone else to make it happen, so I started a Florida Haunter Yahoo group, which (with Ish's prodding) led Oct31Man to start the forum that eventually ended up in my grubby little hands. Now we have a GREAT core group of FLHaunter FAMILY, and I couldn't be happier!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts