Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the second BL I found one of three working, so I bought the working one, after testing several times. All would light up and eye move, but the lids did not shut completely. After getting it home, it too would not shut the eyelids completely. Tried, unsuccessfully to force a rest, but no good. So with a $5.00 off (of $15 BL coupon) went to a 3rd store and bought the last one there (also not working), But now I had two to take apart!
After removing the 4 screws in the back, easy, there is a motor with a cam and string that pulls the string tight and the lids open (held closed by a string). After it cycles the motor reverses and the string (should get loose) allowing the lids to close by the spring, On both of these the cam moved forward on the motor shaft (creating a gap between the housing and the cam)and the cam no longer hit the stop (on the motor casing) thus the cam would to a position where the string was tightened and NOT allow the eyelids to close. I repositioned the cam and now I have two working eyeball doorbells!. Tools, small screw driver and needle nose pliers (or small fingers).
Good luck

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I have seen so many that dont work. i wasnt sure it would be worth buying if I ever found one that did work.

but its good to know there is a fix, should it stop working.
thanks for posting it.

you didt snap any pics while you had it apart did you?

·
Registered
14,436 Posts
Thanks for the fix to these. I was going to guess it was a low battery since when I was in my store everyone was pushing the button and activating it.

Photos would be great to post if you took any.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The low battery was my first thought, but you have to remove it from the Card to get to the batteries, so once packaging was Opened, I decided to dive right into the back removing the 4 screws. Now if I could buy the "broken" ones discounted and then resell fixed on e-bay at the $60.00 some are listed for!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts