1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10 gallon fish tank.

any cool ideas what to do with it?
any pics of your fish tank based props?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Put a head or some floating brains in it. Run some EL lighting wire to create a life support system. Or, put an arm bone, add some flesh to it and then attach Piranha fish and run air out where they are feeding.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It was nothing really fancy but several years ago, I made a sculpey brain for a party and put it in my old tank, along with a doll eye (would've used two, but I'd misplaced the other one). Added some highlighter dye to the water and put a blacklight in the fixture.

The brain had two screws in the "temples", to which copper wire was attached (there were also short bits in the end of the medulla oblongata). The wire attached to a thin wooden bar placed under the light fixture, suspending the brain midway in the tank. Air trapped in the doll eye and the natural rigidity of the tubing made the eye tend to float. A long air stone was placed in the bottom to provide "oxygen" (and the circulating water from that and the filter in back made the eye tend to bob around randomly a bit)

Nowadays I'd do something more elaborate, possibly using 3d printed parts (i.e. trim on the tank, mad scientist widgets, etc.) I still have the brain and eyes, but I'd have to get a new tank (or use one of those giant cheese puff containers like some people do)

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the great ideas and pics.
No fish in the tank. Thats how i acquired this one. my son moved up to a twenty gallon. so I have this ten gallon tank waiting to be transformed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts