Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I'll be honest. I wasn't really feeling Halloween this year. First Halloween in this city/house, lots of recent stress, and just super busy. But we set up any way. Oh wow! Yesterday afternoon when I was putting the finishing details in the display, our neighbor across the street came over and her first words were "I'm not happy with you!"... Uh oh. Thought the display had offended her. NOPE! She then laughed and said she had to buy more candy because she expected more kids because of our house! Oh good! I'm down with that haha.

Well....we initially planned to give a bag of chips and one of our goodie bags to every kid,but we quickly changed to giving one or the other instead....good thing we did! Our initial plan was a max of 150 because of what neighbors said they get in the past...we got 239 kids!!!! I was floored!!! Everyone loved the display, one neigh or said he wants to decorate his yard next year too! We had a group of exchange students ask if they could get pictures, and hubs had a blast scaring the older kids/teens! The weather was amazing here last night, despite earlier forecasts for snow.

Today during cleanup another neighbor popped by to "meet the people responsible for doubling the amount of trick or treater's on the street" ha! So happy the display was so well received! I may not have been feeling Halloween...but through the kindness and excitement of the neighborhood...my mindset definitely turned around last night!

Just wanted to share my experience, because it really made my night!!! Hope everyone had an amazing Halloween!

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
In Fort Mac, people will do ANYTHING to have fun. You're in for a long, drab winter, Sis...

But I think it's awesome that you had such an experience. Keep the Spirit!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wolfman, I actually live in Lethbridge, Alberta now. I haven't updated my profile to say such yet. Where I lived in fort Mac, almost everyone went all out! I actually miss it there haha. (But not the cold hahaha) one of my girlfriends said she heard a few people mention this year they missed "the awesome house on airmont" :( that was us :'(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts