Halloween Forum banner

First Yard Haunt.

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Deaths Reach 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals, gouls and witches, zombies and blah blah blah,

This is my first post and will be my first yard haunt ever! Ive been check out the forum for over a year now and you all have given me the motivation to haunt up my yard this year! I'll post picture as I go along, any feedback would be awesome!!!

thanks,

Brad McBride
aka Captain No Beard

#5 ·
Nice to see your post and I love your screen name BTW. It gave me a chuckle. You might want to pull your real name off the post btw--bots might get a hold of it if they haven't already. Anyway, really looking forward to seeing what your yard will look like this year. Are you going with a theme and if so which? As you might have guessed I was never a kid with a lot of patience, especially when it came to the holidays! Your name sounds like maybe you're a fan of pirate themes???

#9 ·
Property Residential area Home House Real estate

Room Property Floor Furniture Living room

Room Floor Pipe Hardwood Architecture

Property Porch Deck Handrail Fence

Ok so this is basically what im working with this year. I wanted to do an entire pirate theme but it wasnt in my budget and didnt have nearly enough time, so instead, Im seeting up my spare bedroom like a pirate ship. I have an awesom ship wheel head board that will go as placed against the windown with a skelly dresses as a pirate at the helm. behind him ill mount the cannons and drop a sheet and project a storm scene onto it. thunder lights and shounds will come from it too. as far as the front yard is concerned, My friends and Family have given me a TOn of things to use and I just built the grading stake cemetary fence this morning. Im hoping to have it all put together by tomorrow evening. Ill post pleanty more pics as I go along!

#10 ·
Soil Tree Grass Plant Swing

Property Home House Building Wall

Fence Outdoor structure Canidae Home fencing Backyard

So this afternoon I put up my cemetary fence, dug a shallow grave, and put up one tombstone. tonight I'm working on a chandelier that Im going to attempt to have swing above the trick or treaters heads. may be dangerous! haha more updates to follow

#12 ·
A fellow pirate matey on the board! I love pirate theme haunts. I hear you on working up to doing a full-scale themed haunt. It takes a while to build up a prop collection. Still working on mine for a pirates' theme, but between the Walgreens Wallys and the Costco Pose-N-Stays skeletons from this year and last that I found out about on here at a great price, I'm finally on my way to assembling a great looking crew. I picked up one of those light machines with a water effect at closeout prices the first year I was on HF thanks to a heads up here. Found a neat little chest for some pirate booty and some pirate wear over the last few years from Goodwill and other stores. The hardest part for me I think will be making the shipwrecked vessel but thinking that will happen the year after next. Carnival is planned for next year. Looks like your pirate theme is well on its way from your photos. What other themes intrigue you?

i love that your yard already has a wall in front to work with. The fencing is looking good. And how cool that your graveyard already has a real dug out grave! That's really going all out. It looks like you have great visibilty of your yard from the sidewalk. How many trick or treaters do you guys think you will get this year? Keep the photos coming.

#16 ·
Ceiling Chandelier Light fixture Lighting Red

alright i put this up this morning, still need to add some web and creep it up a bit, but needed some idea on how to make it swing gentle back and forth. I was thinking fishing line and deer motor attached a cross beam directly above my head. any ideas?

#19 ·
Looks like your at a GREAT start... Welcome Aboard..... And enjoy your time here

I just realized you're kinda in my neck of the woods. I'm about 10 miles north of DLand coming from your area....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.