Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post the results of my first attempt at molding and casting some adolescent zombie faces.
I wasn't comfortable doing a two piece mold just yet so I did these half masks to put over some plastic skulls for display.

Used Wed Clay, Hydrocal White, and monster maker's latex. First time using any of these materials.

Painted with standard acrylic craft paints, thinned way down with rubbing alcohol and/or water.

Face Forehead Head Chin Jaw

Forehead Chin Sculpture Art Jaw

Face Head Skull Forehead Jaw

Wood Table

Head Sculpture Art Nose Forehead

Head Nose Human Mouth Sculpture

Head Sculpture Forehead Art Flesh

Head Art Human Sculpture Portrait

Face Head Forehead Jaw Nose

·
Registered
206 Posts
at first I didn't see it but as your pictures progressed, I was pleasantly surprised! Very realistic and great job on the first attempt!! Love!

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
those are phenominal ! Are you planning to offer any for sale???? :cool:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
those are phenominal ! Are you planning to offer any for sale???? :cool:
thanks!

i didn't plan on it initially but if anyone likes any one of these 3 faces i'd be happy to sell an unpainted trimmed cast for $10 each. (all 3 for 25 - like a package deal. haha)

if i sold these painted i'd probably need to charge more than I think anyone would be willing to pay since they take about 30-60 mins each to paint. Plus, these are smaller than adult size because they're meant to be kids.

I could see someone being ok with paying 30-50 each if they were full head masks just because the perception of value is there.
maybe i'll figure out a way to make a display piece out of these. maybe mount the face on some sort of head shape on a pedestal you can put on your shelf or something. that could be cool.

i might also paint one up and drop it into a water filled glass jar to see how it holds up as a laboratory specimen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts