Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After researching different blood paint techniques , I found one I liked and nailed it on the first try. I'm going w a morgue theme in my sun room this year so I wanted lots of carnage to surround my evil doctor . I mixed a clear Elmer's glue base w a nice dose of red food coloring and a few drops of green and my test blood swatch really had me excited. I took a 92cent shiny hard tin cookie tray and drizzled some hot glue to it and placed a blue shop towel down firmly into place. I then lined up a bunch of scary looking surgical instruments I got for $2 and $3 a piece on eBay which were foreign made non sterile junk and glued them into placed. Next, I glued down a realistic ripped out eyeball prop I got from eBay. Then I went to town splattering and pooling my fake blood paint mix and the results were incredible. I used what was left to paint a skeletal arm and will repaint tomorrow to build up the desired texture of fresh scraped bone. Tomorrows project will consist of making a realistic head in a bag prop and corpsifying a whole Costco skeleton.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plastic cup filled up to the first bottom ring w clear Elmer's glue then a nice dose of mcormick red food coloring in the big bottle and then two or three drops of green food coloring and mix well and it's ready. I can't belive how shiny it dries on solid surfaces.

·
Registered
274 Posts
That's perfect and nice and inexpensive too. If you want slimy gooey blood, go to the veterinary supply store and get something called J-lube, drop in some paint or food coloring and get nice gooey slimy blood.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I inspected the final product this morning and it turned out awesome !!!! The blood dried solid overnight and looks just as wet and shiny as it does in the pic when first applied !

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finished painting my skull today after first coating it w rubber cement for extra texture to give it that just peeled look. I've seen numberous pictures of real human heads peeled and scraped and it looks exactly the same. I also figured a nice shortcut which involved mixing an entire bottles worth of glue to make a large batch of the blood paint and then using a small kitchen funnel to pour it back into the glue bottle . Not only does this store it for immediate use next time around, it also allows you to control the amount in a fine line and now you can spread it over a more precise area much quicker and neater.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am wondering about those fake bloods that are they going to leave from the floor or walls? i am doing a family murder case and i would really like the crime scene to be all the way bloody=) That includes the bathroom and the bedroom...

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Be very careful about the bottles and tubes of fake blood you find in stores this time of year. Many of them stain and they take forever to dry. That means you might smear it and get it on stuff that you don't want stained.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I think the white glue would likely make the blood pink but you can give it a try. The clear glue isn't hard to find - I saw it at Walmart last time I was there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts