Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined last night and I am over come with so many great ideas I dont think I will possibly every have time to do ALL of them but I had some foam laying around (white juny stuff) and Jdubbya's cemetery columns really inspired me to try my hand at working with foam. I will be picking up some grey drylok tonight to finish off my cemetery signs that will also be mounted on columns. Here is the results so far.

Named after one of my favorite cars of coarse! Plus it contains the word devil :) Ill post the finished products after these messages...

Typical Ghoul Next Door
NICE work - can't believe it's your first time working with this!

Those will look amazing when you get them painted up! :cool:

Devilishly Dutch
They look fantastic! Can't wait to see them finished.

Caretaker of Eerie Manor
Very nice! (and I'm flattered that you liked my columns. Thanks!)

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments everyone! I cant wait to display them on Halloween.

Okay, so I picked up some Platinum DryLok (its a little lighter and less blue than the grey) and brushed a healthy coat on to fill in holes. It looks alot better now and the letters look better now that is is all one color. Im going to start on the details tomorrow after work. Man that drylok is expensive! But it should go a long way.

Skull detail..

My favorite part is making cracks :)

I want to start on some tombstones now ha

Mistress of Mayhem
WOW - I am SO impressed. Those look awesome. And that was your first time?

My first time, I ended up with those little static-ridden white beads all over me, the garage, the front yard, etc. Ahhhh yes, my first time - became my last time.

Keep the pics coming !!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
WOW - I am SO impressed. Those look awesome. And that was your first time?

My first time, I ended up with those little static-ridden white beads all over me, the garage, the front yard, etc. Ahhhh yes, my first time - became my last time.

Keep the pics coming !!!!
The best way to keep the mess to a minimum is work on a piece of carpet. Im doing mine in my living room. The white beads dont blow around cause they get trapped in the carpet fibers and dont go anywhere. I had a bunch of them on me but they werent to bad and I was using a Dremel so they were flyin! After I was done I vacuumed real quick and the mess was gone. Plus they arent sticking to my car and blowing around the nieghborhood. I would like to try the pink / blue foam. This white stuff doesnt cut very clean even with a new blade. The little beads keep popping out when cutting.

Dont give up on it! You should give it another try. I think you will get the hang of it on your second try.

Thanks again everyone! Im glad you guys and gals like em. Terra, Im going to be using your tombstone painting video. Good stuff

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Finally finished...I think. I may add a little rust color, moss and maybe make the letters darker if I can. Opinions?

Registered
They look great. I agree, making the letters darker would help them stand out more. I would be tempted to darken the eyes and noses on the skulls as well.

Caretaker of Eerie Manor
Super job on those! Great detail!

Registered
I agree, a black wash will age them.
A little sand sprinkled over it will give the stones texture & grit. Do that while the wash is still wet. Dried out wreath or roses would be awesome too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts