Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new! My name is Laura. Anyway, I want to be the nurse from the Eye of the Beholder episode of the Twilight Zone.

beholder.jpg

I have already bought liquid latex, spirit gum, and spirit gum remover. I have spent a LOT of time researching the process I want to use to make the prosthetic (I am going to make a mold and paint the inside.) Looking for suggestions on weather or not to make the prosthetic one piece or a few. I want my character to be black and white like the TV show, so I need full body light gray. I have seen Ben Nye Corpse Gray, but I think this is too light, its too close to white (what do you think?). I also found Storm Cloud Paradise Face Body Paint. I have no clue if this is a good shade. Advise? How much do you need to cover arms, lower legs, chest, and head? Also I have spent quite a bit on this costume already any suggestions of reasonable prices would help too, I still have to buy or make the outfit she is wearing! :eek:

I know it is a lot of questions! I'm getting desperate!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi

Not going to be much help as haven't done make up for long, long time, however, my two pennies worth.

If you are going to be doing lots of facial movements, I suggest the smaller pieces. Design the pieces so that the edges meet at crease marks to disguise the edges. A full piece make up will distort unnaturally if face is moved a lot.

For filling out deep/thick areas (cheeks in the example), I would suggest either cotton wool or gelatine (sealed all round with the latex to avoid drying out).

Can't help you with the colour, sorry.

EDIT: another alternative is to build up the face in alternating layers of cotton wool/mortcians wax and latex, rather than do a mask/prosthetics. But you would have to work out how long it would take to do and do it on the night.

For cheap ideas, there are great books by make up artists supreme Dick Smith and Tom Savini.

Hope this helps

GoT

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you God of Thunder. I'm still waiting for my supplies to arrive. Crossing my fingers that I bought enough. :/

·
Registered
55 Posts
If I were you, I would have went with a foam latex. It makes for better movement and a much more natural feel all together!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uggh, Just looked at my bank account! I spent at least $50 on this so far. Still need sealing spray and my nurse costume. Makeup is so pricey! :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts