Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first finished prop for 09. I keep reading about everything to do with foam so I gave it a shot. Total size is about 5' long. It will eventually end up above the entrance to the porch on Halloween and then above my workbench the rest of the year.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
If that is your first attempt, I can't wait to see what you'll do when you get "good" at it. :D

Awesome carving! :cool:

Registered
Glen Danzig would be proud !

Registered
What did you use to carve the foam with? I have had good luck with a jigsaw for macro cuts, but you have some good detail. Of course, it is 5 feet wide!

Registered
Luv It!! Nice work.

Caretaker of Eerie Manor
That is REALLY impressive!

The Hobo Spider Assassin
Very nice rendition and a first time with foam, think you found a new medium!

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Wow! Thanks for all of the response and compliments. I had a lot of fun doing it and since I'm a fan i will enjoy it year round.

nurse: I used a jigsaw for the outline and a dremel for the detail. Instead of using
1 wide piece of foam, I used (2) 3/4" sheets cutout the deep impressions from one then glued it to the other and went to town with a dremel, a sanding block, a rasp, and a few sarsaparillas. you're right the size made the detail work a lot more forgiving I think, but isn't Samhain all about over doing it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts