Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my little brother (13) has been building this "house" down in our side yard, which is kinda wooded. Last weekend was his birthday, so I decorated it a little to see the reaction I was gonna get from a few ideas I had. The "house" as he likes to call it, looks more like a creepy looking oversized outhouse at night.
I went to the local Halloween store and bought some spider webs and a few other things, like half an arm.
I got really cleaver and took some straw we had, stuffed a old shirt and pants, turned it around backwards, and ripped a hole in the back of it with my ax and left it hanging out of the shirt! I went in the house got some ketchup and poured it down the shirt back. It looked great! I put that outside the house by some old trees laying down to cover the legs and hold it upright and you couldn't tell it was fake at night!
I took some flagstone rocks we had and put them 1/4 in the ground like tombstones and made a graveyard off to the side of his house. I hung a black light in the tree above the graveyard, and that was really good at night.
The arm I put under the bucket of the backhoe that is sitting in the yard so it looked like someone was under the bucket! It scared the heck out of those kids.
I took a few pictures....I will have to see if I can find them. Not bad for my first little decoration job. I am definatly going to use some of those ideas on Halloween...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
That is a great idea for the young one. I hope he enjoyed it. Then he can show all his friends his haunted house too. The only thing I have a question about is; Is ketchup the best thing to use? It has a lot of sugar in it and might attract a lot of bugs or raccoons. Just a concern I thought I should bring up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts