Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've seen a lot of them made, but they've always been kind of disproportionate to what I want to do. I wanted something not quite as tall but wider so I made this frame

Now here's my problem. I don't know how to clothe the damn thing!

Anyone have any ideas on where to get like a 7x long sleeve t shirt?

And I could use suggestions on what to use for a head that can be readily bought. I want something zombie ish...Was thinking one of the overt sized zombie masks from spirit.

It's currently 8.5 feet from the ground to the top of the frame and the frame is about 3 foot 4 across. I angled the shoulders in so that it looked a bit more natural.

·
Registered
113 Posts
7xl would probably be nearly the same length as a standard xl tee. Just waaaaay wider. I'd say a sewing machine might be your best bet. That or felt and glue.... Looks like its gonna e awesome from the fame work! Love the angle for the colar bone/shoulders.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Actually, thinking about it a little more, I had an idea.... A felt "poncho", with a belt tied below the wearers armpits. Then sweat pant legs of the same color as the felt for sleeves? Should look like a shirt that way, or a robe if you use more fabric. If you do it that way, should just have to cut a hole for the head and neck, no sewing, no glue. Presto. 30min project, and it should look convincing!

·
Crunchitize Me Cap'n
1,654 Posts
Good luck on your first Stalkaround! I've been wanting to build one for at least 2 years myself. Thinking about my ideas for my stalkabout.. I'm gunna suggest some things like Creepy Cloth, a looseweave cheesecloth. Or plain ol' cheesecloth and paint or dye it. Layers! Use layers. One covering of material is just gunna look like a sheet over a frame. Hit up fabric store or something. More layers, more colours and lengths. Personally I think that's the way I'm gunna do mine, IF I get around to it.

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your time here, and learn lots!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Quick and cheap way: I used weed-guard type landscape fabric and a standard office stapler. Put on your head gear, start unrolling fabric from your shoes, up your front, over your head, down your back, all the way to the ground. Cut it off at the back where it hits the ground. Cut a hole for your head and staple the sides, leaving holes for your arms. Paint and modify as needed, but this will cover you.

One thing...inspect the fabric before purchase. I found that some manufacturers like to put their name on it, which kind of ruins the effect.

Hope it helps!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nice frame job! I've been wanting to do this for awhile ever since I ordered a mask that I really liked and wasn't aware it was oversized.. so immediately the thought of a stalk about came to mind. Never got around to it due to random things in life and no time. Cant wait to see finished project!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts