Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Hallo-weniers,

I'm so excited to tell everyone about my first prop score of 2009!

A $10.00 wedding dress from Habitat for Humanity! This place is awesome. Really nice looking dress for only $10.00 complete with vail. I'm not sure what to do with it so any ideas you have would be awesome!

*Usefull info shortend verstion*
Cheap doors
Cheap windows
Cheap sideing
Cheap cloths for costumes or dummy props
Cheap dolls you could make really scary
Cheap appliences with motors (good for homemade props)
Best of all- quality lumber

This is The Habitat for Humanity Thrift Store. Here is a link to see if you have one near you. :) Happy Shopping.

Environmental Initiative: Habitat ReStores -- Habitat for Humanity Int'l

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
hey, halloweenrocks, great score!! a headless or dead bride, naturally would be cool, or a ghostly lady, depending on whether you can dye the dress or not, I guess the material type and bead situation would determine how it would hold dye, but what ever you decide, you have a good buy there! There is a couple of habitat stores around the area, but am not sure exacty where, looks like I will have to find out and visit them soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Skeleton bride or zombie/dead bride....or for BIG Prop...get a matching suit for a groom...2 coffins...and you could just do some kind of "ashes" effect for where the hands and head would be.

Very cool score!

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for the ideas Bethene and Ladybeware.
Last year I bought a donna the dead head leacher maybe I'll use her. I'm down for dying it because it was only a $10.00 dress opposed to the $30.00 one from last year. What should I dye it like? Blood or throw it in the dirt so it looks like she's a walking zombie?

I love the coffin idea with the groom but not sure how to pull it off. Maybe this years theme could be zombie honeymoon. Thanks again for the ideas. I can't wait to upload pics.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Here's what I did with the $10 wedding dress I found at Savers last year:

And I also have another dress for this:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts