Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it is, my first attempt at a Pumpkinrot style groundbreaker, and it's my only groundbreaker (ran out of time) haha. :rolleyes:

Made with a cardboard tube base, newspaper ribs, paper towel and tissue/toilet paper mache.

I could've done a better job on the colour, but overall I'm happy with it.. :p

·
Registered
340 Posts
yeah, first rate work. I think I'm saving a couple of your pics to help me make one next year! Is is mostly paper towel for the skin? I've tried tissue paper a few times before but never really got the hang of it. I usually end up getting the tissue all over me instead of the corpse. But great job :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love it, brilliant work it looks nice and rotted :D
Cheers!

yeah, first rate work. I think I'm saving a couple of your pics to help me make one next year! Is is mostly paper towel for the skin? I've tried tissue paper a few times before but never really got the hang of it. I usually end up getting the tissue all over me instead of the corpse. But great job :)
I actually used paper towel as the base layer of mache, then used toilet paper on top because it's thinner and you can get more detail. But yes it's VERY tedious to work with, once the toilet paper is wet it just falls apart under it's own weight so it can take a while, just keep at it! And thankyou! :D

Also I forgot to mention, I used a couple of thin strips and patches of cheese cloth for some of the corpsing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If I didnt know any better I would say you bought that off Rot himself. Incredible work. Build a few more and Rot might have some competion for sales on the web.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Really nice job.
Like Otaku said, don't sweat too much over the colour, that thing would look awesome if it were sky blue pink!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts