Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this technically doesn't really count as a prop. But it is my first decor or Halloween related item that I made myself..

It isn't a ground breaker, a three axis skull or a handmade tombstone. ( I love to see all of these and you are some talented artists on this forum)
For Valentine's Day I got a Heat Gun and wanted to see what I could do with it. Since I am doing a Pirate Yard Haunt, I went to the local Flea Market to see if I could find anything. I found a piece of wood for $1.99.

I took the wood, used my heating gun to "age" it. I then found some cool looking stencils and made a sign for my yard. It was very easy and cheap but I had to post it since it is my very first handmade prop. You have to start somewhere! Oh and the skull in the pic found it at the flea market also!

Enjoy the pics!

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Terra, If you put the heat gun on the highest setting you can go, then hold it close to the wood it will burn it or "age" it. I didn't know it did it either but I had to try it out . On to another project!! It really is addicting

·
2,622 Posts
Way to go Erin ! Nice find on the skull.
Are you sure that was your first prop ever ? :)

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Excellent work Erin!! What a great first try, you're a natural!!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Very well done Erin...great job!:D:D
(ps..thats a great looking skull as well).

*Applause*

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Great job, Erin!

Isn't it a great feeling when you come across something at a flea market or thrift shop and know that you have to incorporate it into your haunt!

That's a sign (pardon the pun) that you're a real haunter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts