1301 - 1320 of 1689 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,304
Yeah, it pretty much looks exactly like the Walgreens butler.
Looks exactly the same, but that extra foot means it's more lifesize... the price is actually not too off from what I'd expect it to be in stores.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Hrmmm...is this the same Butler as walgreens? if so the price they are charging, owch >< The description sounds exactly the same, but the pic looks a little different on that box and its a foot taller than walgreens'.

60" Animated Halloween Talking Butler & Skull New! - eBay (item 360183799766 end time Sep-26-09 11:05:51 PDT)
same butler not the same height , this one (your link) clearly sais 60 inches on the box but this one is and it sais 3 foot tall ANIMATED / TALKING ALFRED the BUTLER HALLOWEEN DISPLAY - eBay (item 180400232528 end time Aug-29-09 11:50:59 PDT) so this one is probably the same as walgreen at 3 foot tall for 50$

i wonder who is selling the one at 60 inches and how much .....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yoooo, another fellow Dayton resident....cool, I live just south of Dayton in Miamisburg see my profile page. I was just at 2 Krogers and saw nothing out not even boxes yet. It was one of the best stores for me last Nov. during the sales I scored 6 Bubble Foggers at 90% off. They have some very nice stuff there as of last year. Got back from Walgreens and no Butler or even a spot for him ???? I gotta go check some others out he is still on the Plan-o-gram, it was a nice color picture and I wanted to steal it......:). Yeah Walgreens has excellent mech. buyers who know what the public wants.It has some cool stuff for the small space it allows.
Yay, Dayton! It was the Kroger Marketplace in Englewood I saw the Halloween stuff at. I'd say they'll be totally set up by this weekend, if you're looking to make a trip to the north end of town. Sounds like you had some great finds last year!

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Frankenstein fans - Dept. 56 item

Saw these Department 56 salt and pepper shakers at TJMaxx tonight. The car is the pepper shaker; Frankie is the salt shaker. Two sets shown just to be clear.

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Today, our Walmart had some fall decorations (decorative pumpkins, craftable pumpkins, etc) out, which was really encouraging for me because school hasn't started yet here (starts next week). Hopefully their selection will be decent but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,597 Posts
same butler not the same height , this one (your link) clearly sais 60 inches on the box but this one is and it sais 3 foot tall ANIMATED / TALKING ALFRED the BUTLER HALLOWEEN DISPLAY - eBay (item 180400232528 end time Aug-29-09 11:50:59 PDT) so this one is probably the same as walgreen at 3 foot tall for 50$

i wonder who is selling the one at 60 inches and how much .....

Hrmmm...I thought he looked a little off. I too wish who is selling the 60 inch. The link for the person selling the 3 ft has decent pics but I laughed when he mentioned it was a rare item. Just wait for him, hell be out soon. I called all my walgreens in the area and they will be putting their stuff out in the next week or so.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
The 60" version says
Butler's head bob naturally when he talks
Looking forward to seeing a video.

I know this wont have the detail of the scaretaker. But it might be an option for those of us not lucky enought to find one.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yay, Dayton! It was the Kroger Marketplace in Englewood I saw the Halloween stuff at. I'd say they'll be totally set up by this weekend, if you're looking to make a trip to the north end of town. Sounds like you had some great finds last year!
Cool and thanks, I get up that way to check out Menards and Gander Mountain.Yeah Kroger and BL was so good to me last Nov. I can only hope for a repeat......:) Dayton rules !!!!!!

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
ROSS Spirit Ball 14 inch Full-size Witch head

Pulled the witch out of the box this morning and here are the sayings she has:

1) Ah, halloween! A time of magic. (cackling)

2) (cackling) Eye of newt, toe of bat, nose of frog, tail of cat (cackling)...

3) What spell should I conjure up tonight? (cackling)...

4) Oooooh, Here's a good spell (cackling)...

5) Ah, the perfect portion for my little trick or treaters (cackling)...

6) Let's see what spells I can pull out of my book of magic tonight (cackling)...

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,316
Pulled the witch out of the box this morning and here are the sayings she has:

1) Ah, halloween! A time of magic. (cackling)

2) (cackling) Eye of newt, toe of bat, nose of frog, tail of cat (cackling)...

3) What spell should I conjure up tonight? (cackling)...

4) Oooooh, Here's a good spell (cackling)...

5) Ah, the perfect portion for my little trick or treaters (cackling)...

6) Let's see what spells I can pull out of my book of magic tonight (cackling)...
I have the 9" witch spirt ball that was $20 when I got her last year. Picked up the frankie monster in the aftersales for $10. I really like both of them, but it would have been really cool to get the LARGE version!

Totally off topic, but I'm debating about adding cackling from now on in all of my conversations.

"Sure I'll get that report over to you in about an hour." *cackling*

"I'll need to call IT to take a look at this." *cackling*

"Does anyone want me to pick them up something for lunch while I'm out?" *cackling*
:D

Think that would be weird? :p

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Yeah, believe me I had to listen to her repeatedly to make sure I was transcribing what she said. Gemmy lives to repeat. Still the old hag (witch) has her appeal. I think next year I'll work on taking her to a full-size prop. I could use something standing around the cauldron.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Went to Lowes today finally they put everything out!! I was excited to buy the Animated Cat inflatables and Grim Skeleton Reaper inflatables. I saw cool about 4ft tall LED Crystal Skeleton that is worth a buy!! They are $59.99. Saw the life size Stirring Witch with Cauldron and they are $159.99 and Cloaked Reaper Skeleton are $99.99 alot of good stuff at Lowes I suggest to check it out!! You wont be dissapointed! ;) Mostly are Gemmy product and there are two are made by GE General Electric.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i checked out a lowes last year and i can't remember if it was in ceder rapids or waterloo, but they quit doing halloween last year. after hearing of all the cool stuff posted on here, i was really excited, drove around 2 hours to get there.
well, we have a few stores here that do nice. i agree with the person who said walgreens puts out nice. walgreens puts out very nice and especially for the small area they have for it, and target puts out more and nice. they both have some different items than the other. on the items that are the same, walgreens usually have the better price.

1301 - 1320 of 1689 Posts