Halloween Forum banner

401 - 420 of 1689 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Just dropped into Cracker Barrel and they have their Halloween out.

Some very nice decor items, even some glam ladies' costume accessories, but the overall pricing seems to have gone up compared to past years.

Several Walgreens in my area (Houston TX) have put out a small section of HALLOWEEN CANDY. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just got home with my "Scaretaker" prop and yes, it came with an audio CD. Its the same track over and over again, but its a nice little added bonus!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had to run over to the closest Home Goods store and see if they had him, and sure enough, it's the first thing you see when you walk in. I really wanted to see it in action, but it didn't work. Is that all it does is shake, and the latern lights up?

I picked him up last night at my Home Goods store...he was $129.99...he shakes & the lantern lights up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, his mouth shakes, the mouth on the head in his left hand shakes, latern lights up and like I said before, it has an audio cd with him talking and background sounds, (i.e. dogs barking, wolves howling, etc.). Well worth every penny to me.

·
Registered
219 Posts
WOW I started something here...lol Everyone is on the hunt now.....
Re: Spirit in the Night....All he does is shake, his mouth and the head in his hand mouth are both on springs and the lantern is battery operated it lights up...Mine also came with the CD...I took it apart torso and bottom to fit it in my friends car...would NEVER make it in mine...LOL
Re: Nox & Prestonjjrtr....Glad ya got him! :)
Re: A witch from cananda...I do feel REALLY lucky now man...I finally got a good score! WOOWHOO When I saw the Dept. 56 suggested retail price tag of $995.00 I was like "yea Ok.." Then there was another tag like $258 or something under the $129 sticker... Well ya know besides for myself, we do it up for the kids too so maybe something or someone was looking out for me with this deal somehow ya know... :) yyyeeeaaa!!!!

I wish everyone on here could get one or finds one!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I saw the Dept. 56 tag on there too with that $900 suggested retail price...lol. It also has a "Seasons USA, Inc." (out of Sauquoit, NY) tag on it. Here is the link to Concept Marketing who apparently markets Seasons USA products CONCEPT MARKETING ASIA LTD. The Nightview Creations section is the props section.

·
Registered
14,001 Posts
Unfortunately my Home Goods trip wasn't as productive as I had hoped. First Home Goods store didn't have the large props yet, but did have quite a lot really nice decor out (bought a few things as mentioned earlier today). We also stopped by two more stores (a TJMaxx and a TJMaxx/Home Goods) and I was really disappointed they didn't have anything Halloween out at all. I'll post pics from my successful trip since no one else seems to have done so yet.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Went to Party City, a nearby Dollar Store & Home Goods yesterday. Party City had some stuff, but it was mostly costumes. They did have like 10 boxes over in thier seasonal section, so I'm expecting big things from them soon. Dollar Store had nothing. Home Goods had a few decorative things, but that was it. I was hoping to pick up that Scaretaker, but alas he wasn't there. Maybe someone beat me to it. I'm hoping that they just haven't put him out yet.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,595 Posts
well no luck at my home goods, we only have one and its right around the corner from me so I will check in peroidically. One thing that I wonder about, when you look at the home goods website it lists some of the stores as just home goods, some as tj maxx home goods and some as marshalls home goods. Mine happens to be a TJ Maxx home goods.
Should I be looking at only our Homegoods stores? Or looking at any TJ Maxxes, Marshalls as well? I called all 4 Homegoods in my area and only 2 had somed halloween out the rest said maybe between today and next week they might get more in, one said they wont get any for at least 6 -8 more weeks, which sounded to me like she had no clue and was just saying it to not be bothered. Everwhere else is getting stuff in since last week and this weekend to next week. Pppfft, 8 weeks my heiny.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Kittyvibe, I've only located them so far at "Home Goods", not TJ Maxx or Marshalls, not to say they won't have them eventually too. Was that YOU in my bushes last night?!?!?!?....lol

·
Registered
14,001 Posts
Over the last few years I've been shopping Halloween at TJMaxx companies, for the most part I have only seen the really expensive pieces at Home Goods. That being said two years ago I did see the full size Pharoah's coffin at a TJMaxx and More store. I thought it was the coolest thing I had seen and couldn't come up with a good enough use for it to justify it to my husband--honey we needed an interesting coffee table...besides the storage issue. I only saw the 9 foot "scarecrow" prop decorations at Home Goods in our area. On smaller props like a 4 foot gargoyle I saw these at both Home Goods and TJMaxx. Marshall's isn't that close to us so I don't frequent it enough to comment. In any event I don't think a store gets multiples of these really large ticket items.

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
I had to drive right by home goods today, so I stuck my head in just to see if they snuck one in on me since last night, but no such luck. I wonder how long it will take security to notice the guy whos always in the store looking around carefully but never buying anything.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Kittyvibe,

I bought my Scaretaker in a Marshalls/Home Goods store. But only 1 out of our 3 stores got the Scaretaker, so it may only be in their largest volume stores.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Thanks for the pictures of Home Goods Ghost of Spookie !

Our Home Goods only has 1 endcap of small Halloween stuff, so it will probably be on the trucks this week.

·
Dead and loving it.
1,620 Posts
I just spoke with a Michael's sales person today and she said the foam pumpkins were being brought out on Thursday. Woo Hoo!

Also I found the Cracker Barrel has two displays full of Halloween stuff out. They have costumes and some inside decorations. I found two things that I really liked. One was a metal LED candle holder for $20 and you blow on the candle to turn it on and off. The other was a white pumpkin for $10 that has a flickering candle on the inside. I thought he would make a great Jack Skeleton for my Pumpkin Patch. I just need to make the PVC frame and some clothes to match.

Here are some pics:

401 - 420 of 1689 Posts