Halloween Forum banner

241 - 260 of 1689 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm so excited!

My favorite local outlet store is putting their Halloween out! They have one full aisle so far! They always have the coolest stuff that you don't see anywhere else.

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
Stopped in my favorite DOLLAR TREE store to pick up additional crows and I'm glad I did. I hadn't realized when I purchased a few crows there last week that there were 3 different variations (all crows 5 inches high): a) looking straight ahead with wings fanned out a bit; b) looking straight ahead; and c) looking to one side. The variations will add some realism to your display. Photo below. BTW crow on right is from TUESDAY MORNING and is 6 inches high and a few dollars more expensive. Shown together for comparison. Also the DT crows were photographed with the product card still attached but it comes off.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3494/3722226036_61ddfbf5e3.jpg

·
Registered
343 Posts
I stopped by Michaels today, nothing but the "bling" stuff, Lemax, and fall decor. I wanted that bling bust though, my graveyard could use a touch of class.

·
Registered
336 Posts
It's World of Values outlet---they only have 2 stores as far as I know, both in PA.

I played with every decoration in the place, but only left with some cake and cookie stuff, sprinkles and things. I will be going back when I decide on a theme this year!

What is the store called?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I JUST went to Dollar Tree over the weekend and didn't see one crow or anything autumn/halloween. Hum...I must try another Dollar Tree!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Michaels in Tampa has added to their fall foilage,pumpkins and spooky houses. They have out some skull candles, candelabras, black candle pillars with skulls hanging from them and some other elegant creepy Halloween bling. Didn't have my phone to take a pic but was excited to see they are making progress. Going back today with my coupon to by a candleabra so I'll post a pic soon.

·
Zombie Inside
2,045 Posts
Halloween isn't in full swing in Lexington like it was at this time last year. :( Michael's is basically the only place that's putting stuff out. I went to two different Dollar Trees but only found some leftovers from last year that have been out ever since. Tuesday Morning had a few things on their clearance racks but it was mostly cutesy stuff. And I'm so disappointed in Garden Ridge! They've got one aisle of inflatables and a quarter of an aisle of small Gemmy products....but those have been out for over a week! No sign of progress, aisles are cleared out but they haven't put anything in them! Hopefully by the start of next week I'll have more to check out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I love that catalog. The set on which they shoot a lot of their indoor decor is a beautiful house with just the right amount of haunted flavor.

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
GRANDINROAD must have just put up their Halloween special section after midnight because I was there last night and it still had their stuff from 2008 listed. Back in early July I signed up for their newsletter to inform me of their 2009 Halloween and was kind of shocked to have heard about the new additions here on this site first. Just checked my email, and still no update announcement from Grandinroad. You can always count on this forum for the latest!

I see that Martha Stewart has a prominent place on their site. Guess that means lots of glitter products! I can't help but wonder what that means if anything for MICHAELS, who has been the main supplier of her products. My husband hates glitter products and greeting cards and all the glitter that falls off and stays trapped in your carpeting, etc. seemingly for years despite your best vacuuming efforts. Anyone else with similar spouses?

GRANDINROAD does do a nice catalog.

I looked over the new website area and didn't see much new from last year that I really loved. Hope there will be more coming. I guess my favorites so far would be the Spooky Willow Tree, Skull inflatable, and the Martha Stewart ghost costume (man that's a lot of material). Those of you that love the glitter stuff, some of the items like the skulls and hands were projects on MS's show and might still be found on her website if you want instructions to make on your own.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i checked out that catalog. wow! i am going to wait till stuff comes out around here, and if they don't have that animated broom, i'm going to get it. there are a couple of other things i really like, but when i have time i think i am going to try to make similar. i could never afford the price of them

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I like many of Grandin Road's products (particularly the 'I'll be back' solar tombstone), but, unfortunately, they charge too much for most of them, or at least I think so.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I like many of Grandin Road's products (particularly the 'I'll be back' solar tombstone), but, unfortunately, they charge too much for most of them, or at least I think so.
I'm with you on that one. Their stuff is really cool but it is way overpriced!!

·
Zombie Inside
2,045 Posts
Finally hit the jackpot at the third Dollar Tree in town! Okay, so not exactly the jackpot, but they did have one endcap of Halloween stuff. All of their fall items are out, as is JoAnn's.

I went to the other Tuesday Morning and they had basically no Halloween clearance but they did have an endcap of new merch. Nothing spectacular, mostly that cutesy vintage look. They did have a large black glittered "candleabra" (silhouette) for $20.

241 - 260 of 1689 Posts