Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1689 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go by Michael's today, and they were putting out their fall foliage and large/small black crows, owls and decorative pumpkins.

I am THRILLED. :D

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
I think back now, to how many years I have sat reading this forum non stop as all the news of halloween stuff arrives. It still never gets old.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I was at Dollar Tree tonight and over heard a couple of ladies commenting on how Halloween "was right around the corner". I laughed to myself and thought of you guys! LOL

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
I think back now, to how many years I have sat reading this forum non stop as all the news of halloween stuff arrives. It still never gets old.
Oh my gosh - isn't that hysterical? I always love it when friends say "oh are you still into that?"....well DUH ! And new stuff in the store just makes your day and gets the Halloween juices flowing!!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Holy crap, I was just telling my wife it would probably come out after the 4th, she thought I was nuts til she thought about it a few. HMMM I have a 40 percent off coupon they gave me last weekend!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I always love it when friends say "oh are you still into that?"....well DUH !
LOL! I walked into a meeting at work last week and one guy says, "So, you working on Halloween stuff yet?" And I start to talk about how behind I am and what I'm building and my boss walks in and says, "What are you guys talking about?" to which I reply, "My Halloween stuff!" and he says, "Oh, you're doing that big display again?" And my immediate thought... "No, I just spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours and days last year to do it once..." (I just moved to Kansas last year, so people here have only seen it once).

Some people just don't get it!

But Hooray for Michael's! But I do recall people on the forums last year talking about Halloween stuff coming out early and most of the stores in our lovely bible-belt state didn't have anything until nearly August! :eek:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've been keeping my eye out at Michael's and Joann's around here, but so far, they are *just* beginning to sale out the Summer stuff, opening up a few aisles. Woohoo! I LOVE when the Halloween stuff starts to come out! It just starts to get that buzz going in the air!

·
Registered
440 Posts
This is awesome!!! I was just reading some of my old threads from last year and oe of them I started was a very similar thread that I wrote when I came home from Michael's right after the 1st of July. But now that its started even earlier I'm so excited!! Im going to Michaels today just to get warm fuzzy feeling again that Halloween is just around the corner! Wait a Minute!:eek: That means I'm way behind in my props!! ...as usual ...;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Glad to hear that so many others eagerly await the first autumn/halloween/falloween merchandise sightings.

I detest the acceleration of the calendar that the retail world embraces, for example, finding the first box of Valentine's Day cards awkwardly planted on the denuded shelves of a thoroughly trashed retail store, bleak in their nakedness, reflecting the bitter end of the glorious Autumn-Halloween-Thanksgiving-Hanukkah/Christmas run.

When it comes to Fall and Halloween, however, they can't start soon enough for me!

I was in a Hobby Lobby store on May 29th and above the Independence Day decor near the front of the store, there were a small assortment of ceramic pumpkins, upon one of which were engraved the words "Autumn Greetings". I got a little giddy at the sight.

1 - 20 of 1689 Posts