Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've found one good thing with all this lockdown stuff in that I've finally had a chance to attempt a monster in a box type project well more a zombie in a box... Be kind as this is my first attempt and I had to learn how arduinos and pneumatics work :)

Still lots to do but hopefully I'll get some more time to play tomorrow. Never going to be up to the standard of you guys but I think I have less competition in the UK anyway :p

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,009 Posts
Better than anything I could dream of building - I'm hopeless when it comes to electronic/mechanic props! :D

I love the fingers sticking out and the hissing/growling is really lovely - overall it's a fantastic prop and sure to get lots of screams. (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments (y)
I've been playing with lights and smoke but not really sure yet as everything I've tried feels a bit much...I'll keep trying and hopefully come up with something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its being controlled by an arduino uno with an eight relay board, an audio board and a PIR. There are currently two pneumatic cylinders one to make the lid bounce and one to make the whole box bounce. To programme the arduino I started using Octobanger (Octo Banger |) and because I was bored then wrote my own arduino sketch...

I managed to get a fog machine linked on one of the relays yesterday so can pump fog and am playing with some lights (background and eyes through the grill).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi TMOD,

That's amazing! Could you show us a video about how you made it?

How are you doing the eyes? Are you using an old monitor or iPad/tablet behind the grill showing a video of AtmosFX Eerie Eyes:

By the way, where in the UK are you?

Regards,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've now found out why everything takes me so long but I do have a very nice box to keep all the electronics nice and safe within the zombie box. If my wife hadn't stopped me it would have been painted as well.

In the box is the power strip, arduino, audio board, relay board, 12vdc transformer and an amplifier for the speakers.

Privateer - I'll post some photos of the eyes tomorrow but I've gone old school and using pipe with eye shapes cut and leds. Oh and I'm in Devon. You?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Privateer - I'll post some photos of the eyes tomorrow but I've gone old school and using pipe with eye shapes cut and leds. Oh and I'm in Devon. You?
Your electronics box look professionally built! (y) I just wish I had some sort of DIY skills that allowed me to build wooden items and add electronic controlling for my Halloween display.

Looking forward to seeing the photos of the eyes.

Devon is a nice part of the world. I'm from Oxfordshire.

Regards,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts