Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided that in each themed area of my haunt trail, I wanted some custom signage. Decided to try my hand at making some and keep in mind I have rudimentary skills at best lol. The larger ones will be in certain sections(witches, werewolves, vampires, zombies, clowns) the smaller signs will be for individual props/animatronics. They will be on ground stakes at angles for viewing purposes. I used 1x8 boards and burnt them, then used mod podge to seal the papers onto the wood. I used coffee stain/oven technique on the papers and burnt/stained with theater blood a little for added effect.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
If these are going outside, on a haunted trail, you might wan to consider that mod-podge is not weather proof. Maybe also spray them with a clear mat sealant!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments and the tips! I actually did spray them with a clear coat water-proof sealer as well. Though I won't be leaving them outside more than the day/night of halloween and then I'll place them back in storage so hoping they'll be good to go. Also completed a couple more. 20180903_184230_resized.jpg 20180903_184242_resized.jpg

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
AWESOME work , i really really like the clown/circus ones , the penny-wise is my favorite and i would also give them a coat of clear water tight sealer to be sure .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts