Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last I have started to build, I have done some little stuff en test builded the maze but did not started on the props.

Yesterday I finally gotten around to it.

fist I made a simple X-Ray box, just some mdf, plastic sheet (which I frosted with sandpaper) en a small fluorescent tube light

Today I started on the first mechanical panel, again some MDF, bottle-caps and some meters I had found on the flea market

at the back is a flickering X-mass light and I will cover the holes with different color plastics

on top are some nice Edison style light bulbs

next step , painting

what do you think?

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
I like your Xray box. Nice paint job on it. And I never would have thought to use sandpaper on the plastic film to get the frosted look. Cool!

The control desk is coming along great. What does the white part on the side do (or house)? Probably not visible so much at night but If it were me I think I would hit it up with some silver spray paint for plastic and maybe rust it up a bit. Nice night shot.

So how big is Halloween in Belgium where you're at? Curious if neighborhoods decorate for it or it's more of an isolated party or event kind of thing. Is the mad lab for your home haunt? Nice to see you posting and look forward to seing more of the lab as you get it put together.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Great props!

I think I would paint the piece on the left just so it stands out better. If it doesn't show up very well in the dark, maybe you could drill a hole near it and have one of the Christmas lights point out to make sure everyone can see it.

What is that vent thing on the bottom right of the panel? It looks familiar but I can't place it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tnx,

In Belgium halloween is not a big thing, there are some walks, mostly organized by the towns but they are very lame.
Sometimes you see a pumpkin in front of the door and a witch here and there, but mostly that is it.
I am the only one in the area who does outdoor decorations, so this means I have to do everything on my own, and because there are no real halloween stores, make everything myself (import is not a option because of the shipping costs), but hey this is my 4e year so I am getting the hang of it :)

Yep these props are for my yard haunt, here is a link to a previous post about it www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/141671-2015-maze-layout.html

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh the vent thing is just that, it is a outdoor cover for a vent (I have one on the wall at the bathroom

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am thinking about painting the vent part and the white part on the left also in copper color, what do you think, to much?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Great job on this! I'm working on a zombie theme this year and am making some containment chambers and things. Isn't it fun looking for parts here and there!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts