Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the offer DaveintheGrave but I don't touch the stuff.
Ya know... the S word. hahaha
Honestly it was my daughter's husband who was eating it and donating the boxes but he is on a diet now so he may have banned them.
Maybe I should send some to YOU so you can compare?

F

·
0 Posts
Fantastic. I was trying to figure out a way to make a fire-place.
We eat a lot of cereal...now if I can figure out how to use the coffee cans. ...

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
574 Posts
You are very talented. I don't think many people would consider leftover cereal boxes to be anything except trash. The painting you did on them to make them resemble granite is just amazing!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks everyone! This was fun, easy and CHEAP.
If you don't have room to store it after Halloween it isn't a huge deal to throw it away and make a new one again the next year!
If you make one just make sure to really stuff it a lot with paper so it isn't too flimsy.
(Newspaper or even paper out of the paper shredder.)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I am really happy with the response I have recieved on this. A couple of people have requested painting instructions so here it is... Sorry this may not be posted in the correct area.
Base coat with black acrylic craft paint. Let dry. Sponge on light gray (leave some black showing through in some areas) then when still wet, brush over it lightly to soften. Let dry. Add a little white by pouncing it on with the end of the paint brush.
Now, if it still doesn't look quite right (after it dries) just keep fiddling around.
(my favorite part)
I thought mine was still a little dark so I lightened the gray and did a bit more.
(just use black and white and mix your own gray to the color you like)
Actually after all the goofing around I probably ended up with a couple different shades of gray in there.
That's it!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Pop bottles I take to the recyclers for money so I have never given much thought to that.
I'm thinking..... still thinking....
As for the milk jugs I think that Stolloween has something about making creepy faces with them by melting them with a heat gun.
On a Christmas note maybe you can use the milk jugs for an igloo? Sorry, it's snowing here and looking rather wintery!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Gotta love good looking props and scene-setters that cost next-to-nothing! Thanks for posting this idea!

Skulkin: The skeleton window cling looks fantastic lurking inside the crematory!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
What a creative use for those cereal boxes. The fireplace is great! I love the paint job you did also. Really nice work!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
How about pepsi and coke bottles know anything can be built from these? I have lots of them also milk jugs. thanks
Stolloween makes some great looking gargoyles from empty plastic water bottles. I don't see why pop bottles shouldn't work just as well...

Check out Scott's gargoyles here: STOLLOWEEN Gargoyles

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yes, Stolloween uses water bottles, pringles containers etc. to build forms for his paper mache creations. I actually built a sea serpent creature following his instructions. Here is my version.
I think he uses a large pop bottle to make a spider.
His site has some really excellent stuff on it. (one of my favorites)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts