Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made some books for a haunted bookshelf but still had a whole bunch of cereal boxes to use.
Finally decided to make a fireplace.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good use of the those cereal boxes, Halloween goes Green!

nice use of what is at hand. Did you stuff the boxed with anything, to keep their shape? Are you going to make a fake fire? Thanks for the before/after pictures. Maybe you can rig up one of those inexpensive fake flames to make the fireplace look real? yellow/orange LED lights too? :eek:

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Funny you should say that Baron, as I was thinking the same thing as I was looking at his pictures. Very cool way to use cerial boxes BTW, and you did a great job on the painting of your fireplace!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
That turned out awesome, Winklesun. I especially like the hearth and the realistic looking paint. I turned my fireplace into a crematorium with some stryrofoam painted to look like blocks, see pics.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, good job on your creepy fireplace Skulkin.

The cereal boxes for my fireplace were stuffed with newspaper to keep their shape.
Yes, the glowing coals would have been great but I ran out of time.
The flames actually had a fan blow them around and we put an orange glowing/flickering light in it so it looked not bad.
Maybe next year I will get the glowing coals done.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Soooo......I'm thinking you like Mini-wheats a WHOLE lot !

A very good job ! Very creative.

I like your paint job too.

Could use the same method to make a "stone" wall or crypt etc. I think.

I'm going to look at my cereal boxes different from now on !

Thanks for posting this for us.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Believe it or not I rarely eat cereal.... they are a donation from my daughter's husband. He is the cereal nut.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
Very nice! That's an innovative way to make a large prop--out of cereal boxes!
The fireplace turned out great!
(I see you can buy "Sugar Crisp" cereal in Canada. Down here they changed it to "Golden Crisp" years ago. Sugar = BAD! LOL)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's funny the name has been changed from sugar crisp to golden crisp down there.
Yeah, the S word. OH NO!!!! Isn't that worse than the F word?
Probably don't taste the same either!! Maybe they can use aspartame. Aspartame crisp just doesn't have the same ring to it though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just checked out LtScare's tutorial on the glowing coals... actually a bit different than the one I saw. (not sure where I even found the other one)
This one actually I think would be better. It's great.
Thanks for the link to this.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
That's funny the name has been changed from sugar crisp to golden crisp down there.
Yeah, the S word. OH NO!!!! Isn't that worse than the F word?
Probably don't taste the same either!!
LOL No, I think it still tastes pretty much the same.
If I remember correctly, when I was a kid it was called "Super Sugar Crisp". Then it was "Sugar Crisp". Now it's the wimpy "Golden Crisp". :(

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd like to see the coliseum.. good idea.
There are some foods that actually don't taste the same from the U.S. They can be the same brand but they are different. (some kraft products for sure that I do know of)
Don't know about sugar crisp, I mean "Golden Crisp".

1 - 20 of 40 Posts