Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Sleep with one eye open
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Halloween everyone ,

Had so much fun making the Grandfather Clock ( thank you all for the compliments ) from cardboard I decided I needed a fireplace to go with it . Same idea as the clock with the mirror frames,plastic web and skulls from Dollar Store , fake fire from a yard sale ($2) and the Spirit cemetery fence from a garage sale ($2) .

Different camera setting to show the web detail .

Thanks to Halloween Forum and members for providing a great place to learn and share .

·
Registered
378 Posts
Impressive!

Looks like I've found my first project for next year, lol.

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
You are the master at cardboard conversion!!! Congrats on another fantastic looking project. Where did the picture frames come from that adorn the sides with the skulls in the middle?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I was jealous when you posted the grandfather clock. This has gone too far!
:mad:
In all seriousness, you do amazing work and should be proud of these results.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well, let me just say WOW WOW WOW!!! That is truly a work of art. nobody would ever believe it's cardboard. Awesome work. :)

·
Sleep with one eye open
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for taking time out of your Halloween clean up to look and comment on the fireplace . Having a great time looking through everyone's posts .

"Saruman of Many Colours:
Very nicely done! Love the finish. How did you achieve the green patina? "

Saruman , I think the green patina is a trick of the camera . wish I could take credit for it .

"frogkid11:
You are the master at cardboard conversion!!! Congrats on another fantastic looking project. Where did the picture frames come from that adorn the sides with the skulls in the middle? "

Frogkid11 , the frames on the sides are the plastic mirror frames from Dollarama . I removed the mirrors , repainted , added tabs to the back to push through the cardboard and glued them on .

Here is a photo of the fireplace lit with webbing and lighting . Lots more added to the scene but still transferring pictures from camera .

Looking forward to seeing all of your pictures once the dust settles from this years Halloween .

·
Registered
395 Posts
Both this and the clock are fantastic. They have cost you very very little, but they look like that they have cost a fortune to make.these are the best sort of props in my eyes.They look great in the setting they are in.any ideas for your next cardboard project.keep up the Great work ;)

·
Sleep with one eye open
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all .

Both this and the clock are fantastic. They have cost you very very little, but they look like that they have cost a fortune to make.these are the best sort of props in my eyes.They look great in the setting they are in.any ideas for your next cardboard project.keep up the Great work ;)
Scarybella , cardboard is definitely priced right , can't beat free . I think next year will be a cardboard collapsed wall .

1 - 20 of 37 Posts