Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up selling all my Gemmy Fire & Ice and "Green Swirling" Lights when I moved from NC to Florida. Only kept my Projection DVDs mostly. Halloween Season is fast approaching. Oddly few around me in Orlando are doing much of anything. Just a few "Target & Walmart Token Decorations." Pretty sad this close to Disney and Universal.

Anyhow, who's offering the best deals on Gemmy Fire & Ice lights & Green / Blue motion lights? With or without coupons? I never liked their "gobo" offerings. Only made me appreciate "proper" rear and front projection all the more. Can't believe things are as lame here as they were in North Carolina. Oh well. Time to be "The Best House Ever" in my neighborhood. Even though I have a Postage Stamp Lot.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I usually wait for the 50% off, after Halloween sale, that Spirit offers. I have bought a few of those projection effects too and I agree, that my Fire and Ice light and this eerie blue light that has a 'shimmering' effect are WAY better than the gobo projectors I have. I have two, one is ghosts floating around and the other is for Christmas, and it is snowflakes "blowing" around. I am not as fond of those as I am the Fire and Ice and blue lights. Before Halloween it is tough to say who offers a good deal, but I can tip you off in that Lowes Home Improvement blasts out their Halloween stuff right in the second week of October and they have such projection type lights too. In fact my gobo lights I bought from Lowes and not Spirit. Many times it is half off too and you can pick up one of these in the $15 to $20 and normally they try to get $40 for it the first few weeks in September. I think Home Depot also blows out their Halloween stuff before Halloween too, so you might want to check those stores out. Forget about stores like Target, Walmart, Party City and Spirit. They will hold out to the end and Party City rarely offers blow out sales unless it is something that will not carry the following year and that almost NEVER includes lighting...because they can store it. But for the ultimate deal on those specific brands and types of lights, your best deal is going to be Spirit's after Halloween sale.

I hear you about the postage stamp size lot. I had rented an in-line ranch for almost a decade and I ended up buying almost the same house last year. In-line ranches are short in front with the long side going deep into the yard. So I only have one large window and a front door as the 'facade' of my house that faces the street. So the front yard is also small. However, the backyard is huge and perhaps next year I might make use of that. I do have a good size garage though and I am probably going to use that this year.

Reactions: mikeerdas

·
Registered
652 Posts
Ace Hardware is still showing the Green Fire & Ice & the Confetti (purple with orange & green dots) on clearance for $3.99. I made a thread a long time ago under the "General" category & warned people to be very careful buying on-line from them. Their shipping is erratic & sometimes the price when you are looking up an item, changes once it's in cart so just need a lot of diligence. I bought a crap load last year & picked up in-store so they must still have a few laying around.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ace Hardware is still showing the Green Fire & Ice & the Confetti (purple with orange & green dots) on clearance for $3.99. I made a thread a long time ago under the "General" category & warned people to be very careful buying on-line from them. Their shipping is erratic & sometimes the price when you are looking up an item, changes once it's in cart so just need a lot of diligence. I bought a crap load last year & picked up in-store so they must still have a few laying around.
Also the purple ones look TERRIBLE - it's a freaking disco rave dance party theme, not the spooky/icky feel you get from the green swirly or orange swirly lights.

I ordered 4 lights, 2 green and 2 purple and wound up with none. The green ones were no longer available from the warehouse closest to me so they cancelled those. And the purple ones were pretty awful (see disparaging disco rave comment, LOL). So I returned those. My favorite are the ones you can PICK the color on the gemmy light. I love those, haven't seen them on sale in a long time though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
This year, the only store I could find that carries Fire and Ice lights is the Spirit stores.
I use many of the blue/green lights in my undersea pirate display, so I like to have a couple extra on hand in case any go out. The going price I've seen in stores in the Dayton OH area are $24.99 and $29.99 The lower sticker price might have been from prior years' stock? I'm on their email list to receive 20% coupons, but so far I've only gotten coupons for costume purchases.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree on the Purple: blech! Back when they were released I bought one. This morning I ordered 6 of the green ones from Ace. With a deal like that I decided to go for it. Sorry about your order. Hope they don't cancel mine. I could hop on over to some local stores to see if they have any in stock. But uh... with people standing so close together in Orange Co and especially Lake Co FL? But OC too really. It's probably similar. Only takes a single "bad actor" to hurt ya. Well I'm not gonna put myself at risk too much for some discount lights.

Pretty sure on my MikeErdas YouTube channel I must have posted Test Videos of both. Cool a Gemmy where you can select the color. I missed that model. Life intervened and I missed some haunting...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my store is having a buy 1 get 1 half off sale on select halloween lighting right now. We're a small family owned business. We do the best we can to compete with the big store prices. Shipping is also free to the lower 48 US states. We would really appreciate anyone stopping by..even to just give us a look! :)
Happy Haunting!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Ace Hardware Order got cancelled too. Ugh. I guess I may be able to do without for now. Will mull things over for this season. Haven't haunted in a while. And I have a lot of stuff to work with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts