Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far should anything be from a fire hydrant i have one in my yard and i dont want to cause a problem for the firefighters if something was to happen. I think i heard 3 feet but that just doesnt seem far enough to me.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Hi - parking regulations vary from 5 to 15 feet, with 15 feet being the more common. 5 feet on either side and clearly visible from the street, maybe?

·
Registered
629 Posts
The best bet would be to call your local fire dept. and explain what you're doing, and ask.

·
Halloween Bad Girl
1,029 Posts
Since I work for the fire dept, I would advise you to clearly have the surrounding area 15 feet around the hydrant available. Please keep in mind that the mailbox also needs to be not decorated, or if it is remember to make sure the numbers on the mailbox are highly visible at all times.

Recently we had a child choking and I was first in the area to respond. I spent literally 15 minutes driving up and down the road trying to locate this house. The numering system sucks out here in the county. Needless to say we found the location, (a lot of cuss words were spoken) and the child was OK. When I did speak to the parents, I explained to them that had they had any numbers but better VISIBLE numbers on the mailbox, I would have been there in 6 minutes. 6 months later, they still do not have numbers on that mailbox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts