Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I have been scouring for a few days but wanted to put out a general question for some of the most talented people on the planet.
I have a 5' x 7' window facing the front of my house.
This year I would like to do a fire effect and I am wondering Silver Satin with fans and lighting (cromag has a great youtube vid from a few years back) or do I just put a big black scrim and project a fire onto it?

In years past I put a red spot light with a strobe on the slowest speed to give a general red pulsating effect in the house..

Just as an fyi, Outside is a graveyard with some of the great ideas that I found here : Breathing grave, Bleeding Gravestone , Lightning triggered by a LIGHT O RAMA controller etc..
I do have one other window upstairs that I usually have a peppers ghost effect set up. I use the bride from one of the Atmos fear disks.. This year I will probably change that up as well.

Sooo..Long post summed up in 10 words or less: Silver Satin or Projector with scrim?
Thanks!
Rich

·
Registered
668 Posts
Guess it comes down to if you already have the projector. If not, then the cheaper route is fan, lighting and satin. If you have the projector I'd say go with that as you have more options on fire types, or even control to make the fire start small and spread. Just more options with projector.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for taking the time.
Kimcfadd nice job!. So you are keeping the projector for the window scene and using the silk .
I really like that. I may keep my projector on the peppers ghost and just get the fabric...
However,
I also stumbled on Icepick's earlier post about house mapping. After watching that I have much thinking to do.
It is crazy how an entire house can be transformed by a projector! I think That may change the game quite a bit. Work on the backdrop/scene in the comfort of my air conditioning and not have to find storage for all of the facades. Amazing... but of course I will have to try a test video after dark to see if the
Ambient light/street lights/neighbors house lights won't drown it out.
Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts