Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,397 Posts
Now THIS is how you incorporate inflatables & other GR/Spirit/etc. props into your haunt!

Ursula on her own would just be another inflatable, but near that water feature & mermaid she makes sense.

LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I think your set-up looks awesome! People are really going to enjoy coming to your haunt! :D

Since you asked for feedback, I'll give you just a few of my two cents but in all seriousness, do not feel like you MUST make adjustments - it's probably just your critical eye wanting to take things up a notch when they already look wonderful!

For Goldilocks - to my eye, the 2 bear heads on the brick wall could stand out a little more since due to the colors in the brick & their fur, they blend a bit. One possible option is to check out a thrift store for small kid chairs & paint them a bright color or make the papa bear's chair hard & the mama bear's chair soft with fabric. Hang those small chairs on the wall with the bear heads on the seat for contrast. Then maybe have a third small chair on the ground near baby bear.

It may not be a detail you see in the dark, but maybe labeling the bowls of porridge with "Papa", "Mama" & "Baby" might tie it together more also.

For the 3 Blind Mice, maybe some plates of fake food or veggies that the Farmer's Wife would have been chopping up? The dollar store sells fake fruit, so even just a bowl with some piled in it & glued down, with the table set with some plates & glasses could add to the scene.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think your set-up looks awesome! People are really going to enjoy coming to your haunt! :D

Since you asked for feedback, I'll give you just a few of my two cents but in all seriousness, do not feel like you MUST make adjustments - it's probably just your critical eye wanting to take things up a notch when they already look wonderful!

For Goldilocks - to my eye, the 2 bear heads on the brick wall could stand out a little more since due to the colors in the brick & their fur, they blend a bit. One possible option is to check out a thrift store for small kid chairs & paint them a bright color or make the papa bear's chair hard & the mama bear's chair soft with fabric. Hang those small chairs on the wall with the bear heads on the seat for contrast. Then maybe have a third small chair on the ground near baby bear.

It may not be a detail you see in the dark, but maybe labeling the bowls of porridge with "Papa", "Mama" & "Baby" might tie it together more also.

For the 3 Blind Mice, maybe some plates of fake food or veggies that the Farmer's Wife would have been chopping up? The dollar store sells fake fruit, so even just a bowl with some piled in it & glued down, with the table set with some plates & glasses could add to the scene.

Love these ideas! Thank you!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts