Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Folks!

So, here “she” is, my electric chair, “Sizzlin’ Sally” in all her glory. I guess she took about 6 weeks. I went for the aged/rusted looked. I think I accomplished this goal. Certainly, I modeled it after three prominent real electric chairs. I wanted to add something usual and, thus, added the liquid blue neon lighting to the rear vertical posts and LEDs into the headpiece.

Details are on every pic at my Forum page Photo Album.

Videos and lots more pics are at my Photobucket. Let me know what you think! It was fun to make!

-Doc

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Smokin'.....:cool::)

That's a great looking prop Doc!
Did you have trouble persuading your "victim" to sit in it?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
?Tutorial on Chair

That is a really awesome chair. Would there be a tutorial anytime soon???
You know, I hadn't considered one, but I could do one when I get time, I guess. I have three other major builds coming up and will probably take most of my time through Halloween. I'll see what I can do! Just Email me in a couple of weeks I'll see what I can do.

-Doc

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
that is one pretty nice prop. is that a plunger on the head? if so, i love how you encorporated everyday items. i would like to see a tuitorial as well. i don't know what you could add, it looks like you covered all the bases. who is the poor victum? lol. i bought a toy last year, haven't tried it yet but am going to for the fear factor party my daughter is going to have. you are supposed to hook it up to a kid and then ask a yes or no question and if they lie it zaps them. you need one of those for that chair. lol.

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Doc, great job and I love the details! Your pics on your profile were really good at showing how you accomplished the effects of the electric chair experience. Very sweet seat in my humble opinion!

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Looking great! Love to see a spot of video to show off the lights and mounted sander.

Great idea and very well executed.

Ooops! Didn't realize you had video on Photobucket. It looks awsome! Very well done!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chair

Great looking chair!!
I had a lot of fun when I built mine. Plus you can add new features to it every year!
Gee, I don't know what else to add. Maybe up-lighting behind it that shines on the wall?

I'll post videos of "Sizzlin' Sally" in action after the planned Halloween parties this year.

I'll try to get some how-to info when I get time. I did post some details on each picture in my Forum Homepage Album.

-Doc

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chair

Looking great! Love to see a spot of video to show off the lights and mounted sander.

Great idea and very well executed.
I do have videos of my son (on my Photobucket site mentioned in the original post page) on the chair both only lights and then with sander going and lights. The sander motor is pretty loud and scares ya!

But I'd be glad to flip her over and video her "belly". Let me know!

-Doc

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
chair

Doc, great job and I love the details! Your pics on your profile were really good at showing how you accomplished the effects of the electric chair experience. Very sweet seat in my humble opinion!
Thanks so much for the accolades. I just love doing detailing work (notice the worn wood where the victims have gripped the armrests??). I just put together another prop the past few days and will post it also shortly.

-Doc

1 - 20 of 35 Posts