Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've almost finished it, I just have to bind the pages in.

I had a lovely Samhain plaque so I thinned it off and used that on the front
The book cover was made with thick card and some suede like fabric I had, some trimmings etc.

I mixed various acrylic paints to get the shade I wanted and dry brushed on gold acrylic to pick up and creases and make it look older. On the back I cut out a triquetra with thick paper and painted over it.

It's not perfect, but it's my first attempt at spellbook making :)

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Great work! nice and creepy! Did I miss the part about how you did the corners?? They really finish it off :)

MsM

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
I love that front!! Very nice work!!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
WOW! Wish I had the talent (and the time ;) ) to make one like yours... It looks great!

·
Registered
598 Posts
That looks fantastic- I like that it isn't overly garish; someone before me said it has an elegant look. I'd keep it out all year long! Does it open as well?

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Hallow and another beautiful work of art! This is so perfect! Seems Halloween decidedly does NOT suck at your house! BOO!

2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That looks fantastic- I like that it isn't overly garish; someone before me said it has an elegant look. I'd keep it out all year long! Does it open as well?
Yeah I finished binding the spell pages in this weekend, I used replicas from the charmed tv show and edited them a little to my own taste. I'll take some pics of the pages when the Husband comes home as he has my camera.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts