Halloween Forum banner

281 - 300 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Oh gosh, I am going to be embarrassed when I show you how many I’ve purchased since starting this thread! :LOL: I will pull them all together later this afternoon and take some pics for you.....need to finish my coffee here first before I can get myself moving. I’ve backed quite a few Kickstarter decks, some I’ve received and many of them still slated to be completed this year so some I don’t have in hand. I’ll be honest, I’m a sucker for the Kickstarter ones! In my mind I feel like indie decks will always retain their value, unlike the mass produced ones that are still in print. And while I have no problem buying mass produced decks, especially if it has an aesthetic that appeals to me, but I like knowing that my purchases are towards things that are going to retain their value. That way when I do decide to scale back my collecfion, which WILL happen eventually, I won’t lose $$.

I do really need to go thru them though and pull out the ones that I no longer feel tied to, because I‘m sure I could pull out at least 10-20 right now. As for what to do with them, that really depends on what you’re wanting to do with them....use them in a project, which actually could always be interesting, or sell them and get your $$ back. For the latter, obviously it will depend on the deck, whether it’s still in print or not, etc. with regard to getting back what you’ve paid for them, There are a couple of FB groups specifically around buying/selling/trading tarot (b/s/t) so I would highly recommend joining those and checking them out. I actually did buy 2 out of print decks from there several months ago....haven’t sold any myself yet though but that’s probably where I’d start. I think it’s the best way to recoup what you paid. And of course you could always try Ebay first, however just know that on eBay, both ebay and PayPal will be taking a cut if that sale. At least if you sell it within one of the FB groups, you would only have the paypal fee.

With all that said, you can also list them here first to see if anyone here would want them! Let us have first crack at them! ;) I would just recommend that when using PayPal for payment, to always use Goods & Services instead of Friends & Family. That way whoever is on the buying end has their purchase protected if something should go awry. Not that I‘m thinking or suggesting it would, but our friendships here are mostly just virtual so anything can happen. And that would also apply to any activity in the FB groups. I have quite a bit of experience with buying/selling/trading on FB groups (mainly with Rae Dunn). So basically that just means you might want to add a couple of dollars onto your asking price to account for the PayPal fee, or just be ok with the fee. It’s not terribly high, but it’s still a fee nonetheless that goes to PayPal just for the convenience of accepting $$ from someone. If it’s sent via Friends & Family, there is no fee, however that purchase is not guaranteed if something should go wrong. Meaning, if the seller sent an empty box or sent a different deck and then just ghosted you, there wouldn’t be anything the buyer could do. Some of you might already know all of this, but just thought I’d explain it for those who don’t.

So.......let’s see what you all have!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Ok, no judgement here right? Here they are. I might even be forgetting some, as I tried to just pull out those that I haven’t posted here or were in my original photo.

And these are some mini ones that I couldn’t squeeze into the other photo. In hindsight I should’ve just took all these photos of the decks in groups so they were easier to look thru, but hopefully you can just zoom in. At least I arranged them so you could at least see the title no matter where it was placed. Anyway, if you are interested in seeing any of these decks up close or out of the box, just let me know.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
Oh and let’s not forget this one! I can’t remember who else backed this one on Kickstarter and got the wooden grimoire, but for those that did, what did you think? While I do like it, I‘m very disappointed in the ink bleed-thru on the pages. For the amount of $$ paid for this, I feel like they should’ve taken the time to let the ink dry before binding it all together.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
And for those who are interested in seeing my decks on order, here are the Kickstarter ones as well as a small # from Indiegogo.

These are the ones from Indiegogo. I’ve already received the Paracelsus Dreams and Winter Waite....just waiting for the others!

·
Registered
382 Posts
@Wycked Spiryt

I think the cards from Jake Richardson will be based on traditional playing cards. Will certainly keep you all updated.

I did order the new Enchantment cards - I already have the Black Enchantment but couldn't resist the orange and black!

I tried to take my unwanted decks to Goodwill but was told they toss "those kinds of things" in the dumpster. I could always list them on eBay as 'haunted'. 🤪
Bought my mom the dark Arcana Tarot Playing Cards and she arranged them on a tabletop then covered them with epoxy, turned out really nice.
I have a DaVinci deck that would make a nice project.

For my Bones set, I'm looking for bones, teeth, trinkets, shells, stones, and an array of oddities.
Your mom had a great idea. I may do something similar.

We should have a Tarot sell or swap thread here on the forum. Maybe we can get enough interest.

@Spirits Vineyard

Your tarot collection is to die for, LOL! Wow, just amazing! I’m stunned at all the decks you have. Do you display them and if so, how? If not, how do you store that many? I agree, I like indie decks. I’m going to look at your photos more closely when I get the time and quiz you on a few decks. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Oh and let’s not forget this one! I can’t remember who else backed this one on Kickstarter and got the wooden grimoire, but for those that did, what did you think? While I do like it, I‘m very disappointed in the ink bleed-thru on the pages. For the amount of $$ paid for this, I feel like they should’ve taken the time to let the ink dry before binding it all together.

View attachment 730728

View attachment 730729
I also backed this one. Yes, for the price I was disappointed with the ink bleed. And mine does not lay flat due to the way it is bound. Does yours do that? Also, the back cover board is warped. I will not back a similar project by this artist.

I was one of the people that agreed to wait to get it because they ran out of parchment. Anyway, my book was not as nice as the prototype shown in the campaign photos.

·
Registered
240 Posts
@Wycked Spiryt I am in awe of your collection! I know exactly what I plan to do on a slow day - look up all of those amazing decks I've never seen before!

@Bobbiejo Lovely deck.

Stopped by Barnes & Noble yesterday - they rearranged their store and moved the tarot section front and center as you walk in the door! AND, it was overflowing with new decks and books! (not the typical decks I'd been seeing for years)
Poor section was consistently moved further back in the store until it ended up in the back corner, and I swear inventory disappeared with each move. I was expecting B&N's next move was to put a curtain in front of it like the 'naughty' section at those old video stores.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Ok, no judgement here right? Here they are. I might even be forgetting some, as I tried to just pull out those that I haven’t posted here or were in my original photo.

View attachment 730723

View attachment 730724

View attachment 730725

View attachment 730726

And these are some mini ones that I couldn’t squeeze into the other photo. In hindsight I should’ve just took all these photos of the decks in groups so they were easier to look thru, but hopefully you can just zoom in. At least I arranged them so you could at least see the title no matter where it was placed. Anyway, if you are interested in seeing any of these decks up close or out of the box, just let me know.

View attachment 730727
How do you like the dark mansion set? Any pics?

I’ve got two other new decks that I’ll take pics of later today. One is a new oracle deck that just came out. I got it in a monthly subscription box I get and the other is a Alice in Wonderland tarot set.

·
Registered
382 Posts

I’ve got two other new decks that I’ll take pics of later today. One is a new oracle deck that just came out. I got it in a monthly subscription box I get and the other is a Alice in Wonderland tarot set.
Please share photos of your new decks, I am looking forward to seeing them. What do you think of the Alice in Wonderland tarot? It has been on my wishlist for awhile now. Do you think the monthly subscription box is worthwhile? I have considered something like that but am afraid I might be disappointed. What oracle deck did you get?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Here are my new(ish) decks. Some have been in print for a few years but I just recently added them to my collection.

They are a mix of Indie and mass-market decks. Some are marvelously creepy while the Art Nouveau deck is gorgeous. I highly recommend it. For general reading for others, the Radiant Wise Spirit Tarot is my new favorite . It is also a beautiful deck with deep, rich antique colors which makes the images easy to see in low light readings. 🙂 I love that it is borderless!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Does anyone have "the night circus" deck (Erin morgenstern ) ? That's my all time favorite book and I'd love to see detailed photos of this deck . Unfortunately, I discovered the book and even later, the cards, so had zero shot of getting one of the limited sets .
haven't found them for re sale yet either, pretty sure they are quite coveted .

I have 2 decks myself and browse online sometimes for a third. I saw a deck someone posted on this thread that was recently released that I really liked, but it was sold out before I even knew about, ha!!

I'm still new to tarot, but enjoying learning :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Does anyone have "the night circus" deck (Erin morgenstern ) ? That's my all time favorite book and I'd love to see detailed photos of this deck . Unfortunately, I discovered the book and even later, the cards, so had zero shot of getting one of the limited sets .
haven't found them for re sale yet either, pretty sure they are quite coveted .

I have 2 decks myself and browse online sometimes for a third. I saw a deck someone posted on this thread that was recently released that I really liked, but it was sold out before I even knew about, ha!!

I'm still new to tarot, but enjoying learning :)
No, I don’t have The Night Circus deck but perhaps @Spirits Vineyard does. She has the most amazing collection. It truly is awesome! I love looking at the photos of her decks and can spend hours researching them. I’ve used those pictures to increase my collection, LOL! A lot of what she has is very rare and impossible to lay your hands on.

Which deck was it that you saw a photo of that you wanted but was sold out?

·
Registered
382 Posts
A question regarding unsettling decks.

This ia a question for card readers, either for yourself or others. Do you have a deck that seems ’dark’ or malevolent when you read with it? I’m not referring to a deck with a dark or spooky theme, this has nothing to do with that. I have a deck that is just a run of the mill, traditional deck but it always seems “mean“ when I read with it. And another one that is supposedly a light-hearted “fun” deck but which invariably gives nothing but negative readings, always doom and gloom, without fail. i have a lot of decks and this only happens with two of them. They are so consistent that it is scary. I read for others and let folks choose which deck from my collection that they want me to read with. I have removed these two decks from the options because it was never good when they were chosen. People would end up depressed, terrified or in tears after the reading and I had to finally censor everything the cards revealed. For those that were somewhat familiar with reading cards themselves it was difficult to sugarcoat the readings and they were invariably upset. Heck, when I read for myself with these two decks, I seriously want to run and hide. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
215 Posts
No, I don’t have The Night Circus deck but perhaps @Spirits Vineyard does. She has the most amazing collection. It truly is awesome! I love looking at the photos of her decks and can spend hours researching them. I’ve used those pictures to increase my collection, LOL! A lot of what she has is very rare and impossible to lay your hands on.

Which deck was it that you saw a photo of that you wanted but was sold out?
Sounds like she has an awesome collection !!!

It was this one .I just liked it bc of the obviously spooky old ish school Halloween vibe. SAMHAIN EDITION: Oracle of Black Enchantment

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sounds like she has an awesome collection !!!

It was this one .I just liked it bc of the obviously spooky old ish school Halloween vibe. SAMHAIN EDITION: Oracle of Black Enchantment
I believe that deck will be back in stock this fall. There was initially fifty prototype advance decks to gauge interest. They sold out in two days. But the Samhain edition will be available again, most likely in a limited edition of five hundred as the Blood edition of this deck was. These won’t sell out so quickly. If you haven’t done so already, sign up for their email newsletter and you will be notified on the release date. Also, they send discount codes on a regular basis.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I believe that deck will be back in stock this fall. There was initially fifty prototype advance decks to gauge interest. They sold out in two days. But the Samhain edition will be available again, most likely in a limited edition of five hundred as the Blood edition of this deck was. These won’t sell out so quickly. If you haven’t done so already, sign up for their email newsletter and you will be notified on the release date. Also, they send discount codes on a regular basis.
Great to know ab the re stock, I'll save the page so I can keep an eye out :)

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
I also backed this one. Yes, for the price I was disappointed with the ink bleed. And mine does not lay flat due to the way it is bound. Does yours do that? Also, the back cover board is warped. I will not back a similar project by this artist.

View attachment 730755 I was one of the people that agreed to wait to get it because they ran out of parchment. Anyway, my book was not as nice as the prototype shown in the campaign photos.
ok so im a little late in responding....I swear I keep saying that here on this site, but I honestly dont know why I am not getting notifications for this thread!

i also was one that agreed to wait, since I wasn’t in any mad rush and had already waited that long for it anyway. He said he’d throw in some freebies of some kind and I don’t recall any extras in my box either, now that I think about it. This was the most expensive one I backed so I guess I just expected a little bit more,

as for the warping of the grimoire, I’m not so sure that it’s actually warped, I think it’s just tightly bound on one side but since it’s not on the other, that side is fatter. My book does the same as yours. I can deal with that...the part im disappointed with is the heavy ink bleeding. Perhaps he thought it made the paper look more aged? To me it doesn’t....I’m not sure how it could’ve been resolved, but I’m thinking maybe a different stock paper? I don’t know...I’m not an expert. I should have sent him an email but didn’t. Perhaps I still should!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #299

This is one of my favorite decks actually! I love the NBC-vibe of the characters in this deck, which is what drew me to it. I literally can get lost in this deck with the story each card holds. And from a deck quality perspective, the cards are stunning. It has a silky matte texture to the cards with a matte gold edge. Absolutely love them! I missed out on the first printing and they were sold out for quite some time making it hard to get, but they reprinted so you can get a copy easily now right from their website.

if you want to see a particular card, just let me know and I’ll take some pics for you!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Here are my new(ish) decks. Some have been in print for a few years but I just recently added them to my collection.
View attachment 731383

They are a mix of Indie and mass-market decks. Some are marvelously creepy while the Art Nouveau deck is gorgeous. I highly recommend it. For general reading for others, the Radiant Wise Spirit Tarot is my new favorite . It is also a beautiful deck with deep, rich antique colors which makes the images easy to see in low light readings. 🙂 I love that it is borderless!

View attachment 731384

View attachment 731385
I think I remember you telling me about the Charles Dickens tarot last year, probably early on in this thread. How do you like it? I’d be interested in seeing a few of the cards if you wouldn’t mind sharing.

I have Tinkers Damn, as well, and love it! I don’t think I had that one in my photo...I probably left off quite a few that were in the larger boxes because they were in a different spot. I just like all of Doug Thornsjo’s decks...they’re so weird, but in a weird-good kind of way. I know a lot of people don’t like collage decks but I’m not one of them. Did you see that his Kickstarter got suspended? I didn’t see any news on his website about what happened or if it’ll be relaunched.

281 - 300 of 310 Posts