Halloween Forum banner

261 - 270 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Gotta show these beautiful cards off. Not tarot but such positive oracles. Off amazon. Look at butterfly dragon combo. All just lovely with floral connection. Shadow work came up n after reading about it I saw these n thought what a lovely deck to own n give to someone needing alittle something something to help along the way.
View attachment 722774
View attachment 722777
Love those cards.....very pretty!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
I have 2 more decks that I bought recently that I thought I’d share.

First one is an indie deck called Dreamkeeper’s Tarot by Liz Huston. Very interesting artwork here, kind of an ethereal feeling kind of deck, and very female-centric. Instead of the traditional “hanged man” you get a hanged woman. Comes with a standard tuck box and the cards are standard cardstock....nothing premium but I really just dig the artwork on them!

The second one is a majors only deck I picked up from Etsy called the Oddities Tarot by Richard Howdy. No real reason for buying it other than the fact that it had the word “oddity” in it and I liked the artwork! And this one does have premium cardstock...beautiful linen feel cards as well as a nice, 2 piece box. Although since it’s a small deck being majors only, the box doesn’t have any words or other visuals on the sides so that provides little nuance when storing them on a shelf with your other decks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I can’t remember if anyone else preordered the Tarot Z but I just received both decks today from Amazon! I ordered the standard deck as well as the Limited Edition. I wasn’t sure what the differences were going to be so that’s why I ordered both. I’m a little disappointed that there isn’t much difference except for the outer box. The standard deck has a hard, 2 piece box, and the limited edition has a special 1 piece box that has inserts on the inside that hold the little guidebook on one side and the cards on the other. The box on the limited edition is nice, just because it’s not your standard tuck box or even a standard 2 piece hard box like the standard edition, but they could have (or should have) done something different with the cards, like made them bigger, or better card stock, or gilded the edges, or SOMETHING, especially since they are twice the price. But nothing seems different with them.

But aside from that, the imagery on the cards are nice. Just what you’d expect from a zombie apocalypse deck!

Here is the standard deck....

View attachment 723484

Here is the limited edition.....

View attachment 723485
View attachment 723486
View attachment 723487
Thank you for sharing this info for everyone. I purchased both as well and have the same thoughts on both decks. For anyone who just wants to collect the cards for collectors value I would purchase the limited edition deck. Otherwise I would go with the regular deck.
I have 2 more decks that I bought recently that I thought I’d share.

First one is an indie deck called Dreamkeeper’s Tarot by Liz Huston. Very interesting artwork here, kind of an ethereal feeling kind of deck, and very female-centric. Instead of the traditional “hanged man” you get a hanged woman. Comes with a standard tuck box and the cards are standard cardstock....nothing premium but I really just dig the artwork on them!

View attachment 723488

The second one is a majors only deck I picked up from Etsy called the Oddities Tarot by Richard Howdy. No real reason for buying it other than the fact that it had the word “oddity” in it and I liked the artwork! And this one does have premium cardstock...beautiful linen feel cards as well as a nice, 2 piece box. Although since it’s a small deck being majors only, the box doesn’t have any words or other visuals on the sides so that provides little nuance when storing them on a shelf with your other decks.

View attachment 723489
I love these decks. Way cool!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
I agree, if you don’t really care about “collecting” I would just go with the standard deck, because the box that one comes in is actually a nice hard box (i.e. not your cheap tuck box).

Oh, and if you just got them like I did from a pre-order, I just contacted Amazon to get a price adjustment because the limited edition is already cheaper than the pre-order price. I paid $49.95 and I noticed today they are $45.55. Its only a few bucks, but still. I think it’s ridiculous how much their prices fluctuate on Amazon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
As I was doing some spring cleaning, I came across my tarot cards that I never got around to packing away last Halloween. Yes, if you can believe it, these are for Halloween only.....not something that I use for spiritual guidance for myself or anyone else. Although, does giving a “pretend” reading count? 😂 That’s actually how I ended up with so many. A few years back, I was planning to dress up as a fortune teller and have a section in my house dedicated to that, and I would be there to give people a reading. In preparation for that, I went on a hunt to find just the right deck, and as you can see, I bought quite a few. As I got into it, I discovered some fo the cards are quite beautiful. I may end up selling off my collection some day because really, who needs this many? But I will definitely be keeping a few. I think the zombie deck is quite cheeky, and the Tarot Noir deck is just stunning.

As some of you know, I am planning to make a tarot card mobile that was seen in one of Rogers Gardens displays (photo below), and I had originally planned to use one of the Rider Waite decks since they’re the cheaper and most common that you would see, but now I’m wondering if I should choose one of the others to make it different.

Anyone else have a tarot collection?

View attachment 713325
Wow I love it. This is gorgeous. Awesome job. Dovyiu own a shop or 8s this in your home? Sad story about my beautiful tarot cards. I had a rummage sale and they were mistakenly put in a box that went off to the Goodwill! I went up there as soon as the mix up was discovered, and searched everywhere, to no avail. I was so so sad. As we had used them for many years at Halloween time to give readings. I bought them from a beautiful book store in the small tourist town near me. They have since closed. I guess I will go online and look for a new deck. My question is do you have a good website you could recommend? Reasonably priced? Thanks in advance. Happy halloween. 🖤 🎃🖤

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow I love it. This is gorgeous. Awesome job. Dovyiu own a shop or 8s this in your home? Sad story about my beautiful tarot cards. I had a rummage sale and they were mistakenly put in a box that went off to the Goodwill! I went up there as soon as the mix up was discovered, and searched everywhere, to no avail. I was so so sad. As we had used them for many years at Halloween time to give readings. I bought them from a beautiful book store in the small tourist town near me. They have since closed. I guess I will go online and look for a new deck. My question is do you have a good website you could recommend? Reasonably priced? Thanks in advance. Happy halloween. 🖤 🎃🖤
Omg, I just realized that all my crystals and stones were in the box as well. Bummer. 🧙‍♀️ 🦇 🎃

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
This is in my home....just my personal collection! And funny enough, I have added so many decks to my collection since this thread has started, so that’s only a portion of what I now own! LOL.

As for where to buy them, it really just depends on what you are looking for or what kind of imagery you prefer. You can get some decent mass-produced decks for cheap on Amazon, such as the original Rider Waite deck, or you can go on the more expensive route and buy an “indie” deck (something that is produced and printed by an individual) that most of the time has much better imagery and better cardstock. And then anything in between those you can find everywhere....Amazon, bookstores such as Barns and Noble, or any spiritual/metaphysical shop.

That really sucks about the mistake on your cards.....sounds like if you had them for years, you probably had a vintage deck that may be hard to find in stores now without paying an arm and a leg. Hope you find a good replacement!

·
Registered
73 Posts
8i
This is in my home....just my personal collection! And funny enough, I have added so many decks to my collection since this thread has started, so that’s only a portion of what I now own! LOL.

As for where to buy them, it really just depends on what you are looking for or what kind of imagery you prefer. You can get some decent mass-produced decks for cheap on Amazon, such as the original Rider Waite deck, or you can go on the more expensive route and buy an “indie” deck (something that is produced and printed by an individual) that most of the time has much better imagery and better cardstock. And then anything in between those you can find everywhere....Amazon, bookstores such as Barns and Noble, or any spiritual/metaphysical shop.

That really sucks about the mistake on your cards.....sounds like if you had them for years, you probably had a vintage deck that may be hard to find in stores now without paying an arm and a leg. Hope you find a good replacement!
Thank for all the great info. .yes I did, theycwere very unique. I fell in love with the art work. Dont we all. Lol. 🎃 Happy Halloween

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
8i

Thank for all the great info. .yes I did, theycwere very unique. I fell in love with the art work. Dont we all. Lol. 🎃 Happy Halloween
If you know what deck it was, you could try Ebay or even some of the Facebook groups specific to Tarot as they often have older out of print decks for sale or trade.

261 - 270 of 270 Posts