Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a man in the box illusion costume that has been done before many times . I am trying to find a new twist to the costume that will make it a little different. I bought a few things on ebay a Styrofoam head , some facial hair . I am going to liquid latex the head to make the head look like a real man 's head and put facial hair on him .
I thinking about man the the cage being carried . but I am not sure if that would work . Would anyone have ideals to a new twist with the man in the box costume that would be a winner ? any suggestions are greatly appreciated :D

Here are some photos of people who did this costume , if anyone was not sure what the man in the box illusion is. These are photos I got off of the internet and have no connection to these people.

zombie-the-strong-man-25629.JPG

hqdefault.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wanted to make one like this...

costumeidea.jpg

Ideally I was hoping to make one fake arm for me, and then set the monitor up so that I could trigger certain phrases and facial expressions using a hidden keyboard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone for responding to my post . I not sure if i am going to do the illusion man in the box costume . I been researching and it seems like it all been done before . I have a styrofoam head coming to me from ebay and trying to figure out what costume idea with a styrofoam head, Not sure what to do

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm following this thread now and I have always wanted to do this too. I'd love to see more ideas. I'll post anything new that I come across.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the link . I was lost on what to do , but I am not going to over think it and do a gorilla holding me in the cage with a sign on front saying
" don't feed the human' .
So basically the bottom will be me with the gorilla bottom and the top will be the dummy and the inside will be me with fake legs.
Going to start it tomorrow. Excited for Halloween.:p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IMG_0163.jpg
this is the head that i painted . I used liquid latex on the Styrofoam head and then painted the skin ect. This as far as I went so far on my costume. The other parts I have to work on . Might put a beard on him maybe. trying to figure out what all I have to do .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts