Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel very lucky that I am able to be here in Salem, MA for the Halloween kickoff events at the beginning of Oct. For those who have never been, its like Halloween capital. Halloween on steroids. Where being a Halloween fanatic is not unusual, but expected. Hope you all are enjoying the beginning of October also!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
enjoy! and your welcome for the beautiful falls colors. LOL. Be sure to catch 'Cry Innocent'... you can see the schedule at http://cryinnocentsalem.com/schedule/ . It's a very interesting audience participation play.

O'Neill's pub is a great irish pub-- I reccomend the Irish breakfast and the Irish stew.

And Don't forget to the some chocolate at The Olde Pepper Companie....absolutely YUM!

Have a lovely vacation!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Congrats. My wife & I are spending the last few days of October (including Halloween) in Salem to celebrate our anniversary. Its also where we had our honeymoon. snoopy/red baron is right. Halloween in Salem is insane. Anyone that's a member of this forum needs to spend at least one Halloween there during their lifetime.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I live right around the corner from Salem, love it this time of year, but traffic is nuts! Be sure to check out some of the local haunted houses, and especially the wax museum! Enjoy!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was in Salem last year in early September. It was a good time but I need to go back again someday. We did all the touristy stuff and it was pretty cheesy. Still fun though. We need to find more of the good local things to do. My favorite part was visiting one of the old cemeterys. It's strange to see gravestones for people that died over 300 years ago. Maybe a Halloween trip will happen one year.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I am so very jealous! I keep planning New England/Salem fall vacations and they keep getting pushed back for one reason or another. I've been fascinated with the area ever since finding out I have ancestors who lived in Essex county during the 17th century. I want so badly to visit and find out more. And of course do all the "cheesy touristy stuff" too. ;) Have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'll sit and anxiously wait for pictures :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
yo...I have been wanting to move to MA for quite some time now. I would love to go to Salem for Halloween. Post more pics!

·
Registered
226 Posts
We went through Salem on the way up to ME last summer. I was surprised at how, well, anticlimactic it really was. The museum there is very nice and the movie on the Salem witch trials. The cemetery is very fascinating too, but overall I found it a little kitschy and cheesy too.

That said, I'm sure on Halloween it's a TOTALLY different matter altogether. The role playing and thematic stuff has to be a blast!

Be sure to hit Salem Beer Works too! Some really good beer there and the food wasn't bad either.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Have a blast!! I was there last year, only for a few hours, wish I could've stayed longer. Can't wait to go back! Post more pics when u can! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts