Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Where did you get hair? I need some source for hair, never can seem to find it.
I always buy wigs from Kmart after Halloween when they are 1/2 price. I cut the hair is want off of the wig. Then I use a spray adhesive on the head and lay out the Haiti in the way I like.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for the reply! I am looking to make a scarecrow this year using a mask and frame, but I have had prop makers block trying to figure out the costume. Yours has given me inspiration. I plan on using a black trench coat, distress it, and use your idea of coating with rubber spray to make it rigid and water resistant. Thanks again!
I like the final effect. I cut the cloth down to about 9 ft long. It took 4-5 cans to do both sides.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The creepers are so devilish n disturbing. Well done. I don't mind the eyeball but maybe they could be a bit more demonic? A black iris on white or a foggy white film over the blue...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Andddddd i couldn't wait until October to set something up. I set the scarecrow up for now about 100 feet or so off the street among some trees. My hope is that when people are walking their dog in the morning and the fog is rolling across the neighborhood they look over, see it and a double take. Yes I may have too much time on my hands right now :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Made a tribute to Iron Maiden zombie today. I was trying figure out what to do with a Skeleton when "the Number of the Beast " came on the radio. Figured what the heck and did a Zombie based on their mascot.

·
Registered
628 Posts
This is just crazy awesome. The grove of trees is such a great setting for your work. My creeper kept collapsing so it's way on the back burner. The 4 legger is totally off the wall . And the Iron Maiden tribute kills. Can't wait to see the whole setup in October.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
This is just crazy awesome. The grove of trees is such a great setting for your work. My creeper kept collapsing so it's way on the back burner. The 4 legger is totally off the wall . And the Iron Maiden tribute kills. Can't wait to see the whole setup in October.
Thank you for the compliments. Sorry to hear about the creeper. Anything I can do to help?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I really think it needs a lot of corpsing to stiffen the joints but I have so much work at the barn that it's failure is pretty insignificant right now. Any suggestions more than welcome.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
My first Hellspawn is done. Probably my favorite to make :) think I might make a heart for it on hold in its claw like it just ripped one out of a body. I think mini wax and 3m plastic should give Allen hoppes a sponsorship for all the stain and plastic his video has sold over the years for people doing projects like this :)

21 - 40 of 250 Posts