Halloween Forum banner

221 - 240 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Too cool, I love the fact that you can tell you've put tons of work into your displays and that they are not just off the shelf decorations.
Thank you. One of the coolest things about DIY is you can honestly say you have things in your display that no on else in the world has. :)

Your stuff just keeps getting better.
Thank you.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Amazing! I love the creepers! All your Halloween art is awesome thanks for sharing

Thank you. I appreciate the compliments. I have a tutorial for the creepers on My youtube channel if you are interested in making your own.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
I’ve been resurrecting my 13 foot demon tree king. I made him last year but he is to big to put away inside anywhere and has been out in the elements for the last year. I redid the body and faces in the body, added some tree limbs yesterday and fixed up the roots and made a new crown today.

He is going to be the centerpiece in a scene where an army of demonic trees are fighting a horde of zombies. The king is transforming a human into a demonic tree in the pictures.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
I've had an idea in the back of my mind for a couple of years to create 3 or 4 hanging portals from hell with creatures coming though and falling out.

This is a rough draft i made today. It looks a lot more cohesive and better in person, the camera focuses on every light making it look different than in reality.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Your making me wish I could visit for Halloween so I could see everything in place in person. ☠☠☠

Thank you. I am going to start the 25 hour process of setting up tomorrow. A bunch of small zombies don’t seem fair when they are taking on a 13 foot tall demon tree king. What could even up the odds? Hmmmmm

How about a Zombie King breaking out of the ground getting ready to throw down. :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
Back in 2015 I posted a tutorial to do a devils gate. It’s basically another application of the hot coals prop that has been around for a while. I’ve used the basic idea to build a variety of props over the years.

I just a new video of how to do a demons portal. It uses the hot coals technique to create a prop of a demon coming through a portal. I have one I did hanging on my wall in the basement and another suspended about 10 feet in the air between a couple of trees for my outdoor display.

Here are the directions for making one if anyone is interested.

Have a nice day,

Troll

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Made a mummified fiji mermaid for my museum today. I am using drop cloths as walls to turn my garage into 4 rooms to tot will go through.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Was waiting until this weekend to do the final touch ups & set up for my pirate scenes (to minimize wind damage, any rain, stuff getting scuffed up or stolen), but last week I started getting squirrely about working on something ... so I started looking at Youtube .(big mistake!) and I just got my 6 motors today, so I've got 4 days to figure out how to use them, implement, test & set up my animations .... I suspect here is where I discover that it's not as easy as it appears on Youtube ....

221 - 240 of 250 Posts