Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Awesome looks great!! I have been working on props all year, still have a few to finish. Working 40 plus hours a week
and 3 nights to 9pm have really slowed me down..... ug.....

·
Registered
628 Posts
Nice job on the corpsing. Wish I could get carpentry done so I could have some fun with things like this.
The robed figures look like Stiltbeast graveyard statues. Sheets and MM.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's exactly what the statues are. A large part of my props are stiltbeast influenced.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CREEPERS: I made the one creeper on the right (without the eyes last year.) I wanted do two, but it was at the end of the season when my patience was running short. I finally gave it a Brother. Not sure how I feel about the eyes though. What do you all think? Do they look better with eyes, without or as they are? Thanks for any feedback.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
628 Posts
Troll
Those creepers are completely awesome. Me want some!!!!
I like the eyeless one better . Does it have sunglass lenses or something.in the sockets? Doesn't look just hollow to me.
Are they regular skellies with extended arms and heavy corpsing?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Troll
Those creepers are completely awesome. Me want some!!!!
I like the eyeless one better . Does it have sunglass lenses or something.in the sockets? Doesn't look just hollow to me.
Are they regular skellies with extended arms and heavy corpsing?
Thanks. They are regular skeletons with extended arms and heavy corpsing. I also break the neck in two and extend it using flexible copper and epoxy so that the head is more posable. Btw.. nothing special about the eyes other than building up the brows to get a more creepy look.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks. They are regular skeletons with extended arms and heavy corpsing. I also break the neck in two and extend it using flexible copper and epoxy so that the head is more posable. Btw.. nothing special about the eyes other than building up the brows to get a more creepy look.
All right then I'm going to find some time to make at least one. I think it would look cool climbing down the side of the barn . The left eye ( right side looking at the photo) sure looks like it has a reflection in it. I think Dollar store sunglass lenses might work.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All right then I'm going to find some time to make at least one. I think it would look cool climbing down the side of the barn . The left eye ( right side looking at the photo) sure looks like it has a reflection in it. I think Dollar store sunglass lenses might work.
Now that I think about it, that skeleton came from Costco last year and has light up eyes. That might be what you are seeing. I will see if I can find a picture with his eyes little up.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
I had some 4x12 canvas tarp left over from a couple of stiltbeast studios graveyard statues I was working on last week. I spray painted it with black rubber undercoating.

http://m.harborfreight.com/4-ft-x-12-ft-canvas-dropcloth-38108.html?utm_referrer=direct/not provided
Thanks for the reply! I am looking to make a scarecrow this year using a mask and frame, but I have had prop makers block trying to figure out the costume. Yours has given me inspiration. I plan on using a black trench coat, distress it, and use your idea of coating with rubber spray to make it rigid and water resistant. Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 250 Posts