Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else in SoCal? I posted a shout out some time ago but I don't think anyone responded...

Anyway, it FINALLY feels a little like fall! Today it was in the 70s (I think), the wind was blowing pretty hard and tons of leaves were falling (there are a lot of trees on my street). It was awesome. My kids and I were walking all around my yard stepping on leaves to hear them crinkle.

I miss northeastern autumns but after three years here, I am finally starting to detect the differences between the seasons and today was "fall" to me! Yippee!

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
Up here in NorCal we have had wind and temps in the 60s /70s but we'll be back in the 80s by Tuesday. So much for feeling like fall. I did notice a few of the leaves on our maple turning orange and yellow.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Yeah, We got you guys on fall but when winter hits, I'd MUCH rather be in your area....I visited my sister in Sunny Vale for a week, one year...It was like 90 and I barely broke a sweat...We ate outside and wasn't attacked by millions of bugs....I stood in a parking lot at night and stared at the lights wondering where all the swarms of bugs are?....Lack of humidity can be a GOOD thing....We have a guy at work that grew up in Southern Ca and I LOVE asking him how he likes the weather when it's like 20 and the winds blowing to put the wind chill in the negative numbers....HA!....If it snows, even a little bit, he usually shows up late, if at all.....Of course I had to ask him the same question this summer when it was in the high 90's with humidty so bad you were soaked the second you stepped outside....Thank God it's not like that all the time though......:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Isn't it wonderful....

Nice cool Autum morning...I am in SoCal and have been waiting for it too cool down. I actually wore boots yesterday (exciting).

The leaves have been falling off my tree for a few weeks now, but as you know, it's been 100 degrees. It is truley beginning to feel like Fall.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Here in Los Angeles...we had a sunny but COOL and BREEZY day yesterday, really beautiful, actually. And when night fell it got colder and colder...left the windows open and the place was all chilly in the morning. Quite a pleasant surprise after the sweltering weather we've had. Hooray for Fall!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maleficent, we're supposed to go back up next week too, but for the remainder of Oct. it looks like it at least won't be getting to the 90s, which we had been stuck at for months (90s/100s)!

ZombieRaider, yep, I know about winters/summers in the northeast. I TRY to keep that in mind in the autumn to make myself feel better! But you're right. Either way, it's a tradeoff. There is no perfect place to live, I guess. I too hated driving in the snow (but did it because as you know, there had to be at least two feet of snow for any businesses to close, God forbid).

Nookie, it's fabulous, isn't it????? I love it so much!

tomanderson, I'm in the SGV, so, east of you. It is SO chilly this morning. I put my little boy in long pants and a long shirt...it's fabulous!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts