·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D
Pillar's 1.jpg
Pillar's 2.jpg
Pillar's 3.jpg
Pillars made from cardboard, plywood and foam (thank you Terra for you tutorials on finishing foam)
Walgreens skulls made to look like part of stone - Light up.
Sign from plywood and PVC pipe. Built in LED lighting

Would appreciate feedback
Thank You
Happy Halloween.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I completely agree about the grunging. I even have the moss but time ran out. They look better at night. Working on getting the night shot. Hope everybody's haunts are going well. Finally have a good forecast for tomorrow for the first time in 4 years.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice indeed. Just break up the flatness and fresh on the assembly line look. Then they will look like they've been around for ever.

·
Registered
760 Posts
They look great! I painted some tombstanes and had to try to age them a little. I sprayed black paint at about 2 feet way and speckled the gray.
It helped..... im thinking of ways to age the plain gray on my props as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
They look great! I painted some tombstanes and had to try to age them a little. I sprayed black paint at about 2 feet way and speckled the gray.
It helped..... im thinking of ways to age the plain gray on my props as well.
The far black spray worked well for our pillars and tombstones, I think the splotches of dollar store moss also helped at to the effect.

pillars3.jpg

·
Registered
226 Posts
These look fantastic! This is good and timely inspiration since I'm going to revamp my entry for next year as well.

How did you do the LED rigging? And do you have a hatch/switch or something?

And did you weatherproof them?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
These look fantastic! This is good and timely inspiration since I'm going to revamp my entry for next year as well.

How did you do the LED rigging? And do you have a hatch/switch or something?

And did you weatherproof them?
The LED lighting on the sign is waterproof LED strip of warm white LED's. I found a small power supply that fits in the vertical support tube.
The Skulls have a standard bulb base inside allowing me to screw in whatever color/type of bulb I want.

The pillars are covered with DryLok paint to keep them waterproof.

Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
The LED lighting on the sign is waterproof LED strip of warm white LED's. I found a small power supply that fits in the vertical support tube.
The Skulls have a standard bulb base inside allowing me to screw in whatever color/type of bulb I want.

The pillars are covered with DryLok paint to keep them waterproof.

Thanks
Pardon my ignorance, because I've not really done a lot of lighting stuff outside of spots, how do you waterproof a strip? And do you have a reco on a good power supply? I'm trying to amp up what I'm doing here.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pillars got an upgrade.

14695338_10211011723478981_4309116814985738495_n.jpg
So just wanted to update and show the result of my oldest nephew's work. He wanted to de-stress the pillars and has some great talent. I think he did a great job. This is what they look like now.:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts