Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after about a month, I FINALLY finished my mausoleum. It basically follows the same structural design as TK421’s mausoleum, but it’s a little bigger (6’ x 4’ x 8’). Including the cross on top, it’s a staggering 10 feet! It breaks up into 6 sections for storage: front, back, 2 sides, and 2 roof panels. The cross, roof peak, and step are attached with Velcro, so they can also come off for easier storage.

Front:

Right Side (with window):

Roof:

Skull and Vase:

Cross:

FCG Added:

It is made from mostly 1” foam board. The gate and bars on the window are ½” PVC and furring strips covered in Great Stuff foam for texture, and painted to look rusty. The skulls in the recessed area on the front are from Terror Syndicate. The roof is made from thin pieces of foam board from the dollar store melted to look like old shingles.

I carved the bricks by dragging an X-Acto knife over it, then melting it with a torch. I painted it a dark gray, then dry brushed a lighter grey on top. I used thinned down paint to give it some age.

On the inside, I hung my FCG and 2 blacklights.

I still have to add moss here and there, but it is pretty much finished.
I’ll add a video of the FCG in action later tonight.

Questions and comments are welcome! Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That looks really, really good. Great job!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I love how it turned out, the roof tiles add a nice touch too.

·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, everyone! I had fun making it.

That's one sweet take on TKs blueprints. I really dig those roof shingles. How'd you make them?
I bought a couple of foam boards from the dollar store (similar to these.) I cut them into squares, and removed the paper covering. I used a heat gun to warp them a little, then glued them onto a sheet of foam.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
That is awesome! The rusted gates and curling shingles have so many other possibilities too! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Have to agree that is awesome work there. The nighttime photo came out great too. Nice idea with the roof tiles. I also liked your cross. Different than most I've seen.

·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AMAZING! I'm terribly jealous! The details are so thought out and very crafty. LOVE THE GATE. Does it break down and store easily?
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. It breaks into 6 panels: front, back, left side, right side, left roof, and right roof. When disassembled, all of the panels take up less than a foot if they were stacked together, but the front/back is all one piece, so it still takes up about 6 feet x 8 feet x 1 foot.

This is how the panels are attached to each other:

I used 4 nuts and bolts per corner joint, so all i have to do is slide it in place and fasten the bolt.

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
WoWWWWW!

Fantastic in every. way. The bars are so cool all bent and old and textured and rusted. Then, the amazing detail for the roof shingles. Just incredible work all around!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts