Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Halloweeners! Well having had a few days off work over the Easter period, I decided now was the time to begin the Carousel for our Creepy Carnival this year...mmmm:mad: after several failed attempts, cardboard all over the house, tonnes of coloured paper, up to the eyes in the paint...I finally managed to make one that stands up and the horses don't fall off! Although it's not totally finished and the at the moment it's held up with mainly tape and pins ( I am taking it apart for storage) it's just about there. It started life a lamp on a tall stand, I made the top part by cutting out large circle and adding a cardboard border, covered this in stripey paper streamers, stuck a plant pot on the top to give height to gather the paper streamers together to form a kind of big top effect and stuck a plastic ball on for decoration this just sits on top of the lamp shade itself which gives great support. I covered the lamp stand in cardboard, and made the base again from cardboard that is in two halves so just fits together over the base. I have decorated with fancy round frames with creepy clown in the middle and stuck battery powered purple flashing LEDS around the edge. The skeletal horses:mad:, well after hours of pain staking painting I am quite pleased with the result, just deciding whether to add a saddle and bridle or not, open to suggestions on this one. They have just been stuck on to paper streamers stuck to top and bottom of carousel. You can't really see LEDS to well in the photos but they do look good in the dark, so think will look quite effective with creepy music and fog machine going along with other carnival props on the night. I know there are loads of Carousels on here that are far better than this one, but I don't think it's too bad for some cardboard and paper! As usual, any suggestions for improvement greatly appreciated:D

S6302891.jpg S6302893.jpg

S6302895.jpg S6302899.jpg

S6302894.jpg S6302896.jpg

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:)Really cool carousel! Have you ever thought of painting the bones in black light paint and adding a few black lights? That would look fantastic!:D

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Matrixmom, no it's just purple battery powered LEDS from pound store stuck under the rim as didn't want to have to have it near a power source.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Pumpkin5 That's a really good idea, I hadn't thought of painting of the bones so they would glow:) But oh, the thought of painting those horses again, hands still sore from last time!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Col. Fryght. I wanted to try and do something different with the carnival theme than sticking with usual red and white colours but wanted to still keep the style vintage looking. I have used the same colours on my sign and ticket booth. I am definately going to add some more lighting, going to have a play around and see what looks best:) I agree, it's great to see how others do things, there is some great stuff on here.

booth.jpg sign.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts