Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I'd like to thank everyone who posted pics of the parties,haunts....Definitely a testiment that Halloween is alive and well!...Finally got a few to post of the props...Our party was a blast...Don't have the rest posted anywhere so there are alot of missing pics like the food trailer, cemetery crochet game,GUESTS,bonfire,etc....I did get the main building props and the wii setup in these few....I used the reverse screen with a bed sheet idea from the Hallowindow thread to keep the wii and pertaining wires locked up from tampering fingers and stumbling feet...Worked wonderfully!...ZR

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!...Yeah...The building is an ultimate way to go....It also gives me somewhere to work on the bigger props (when it's NOT Halloween) not to mention all the stinkie stuff we use on props....The wife and I would much rather have that stink out there curing/drying instead of IN where we live....Plus where are you going to store all that stuff? :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Step 1 win lottery
Step 2 buy a big venue
Step 3 follow your lead.

A great haunt, well done you must have worked hard for months.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great!
Thanks Terra!....I love your Beloved tombstone BTW!...I think it turned out incredible....I wasn't going to "spill the beans" just yet but I'm working on a voice over soon now that HW is over....I think based on what you have built so far among others on this list, will be particularly interested....I don't want to give away too much just yet but you might want to think really hard about tackling one of those 3 axis skulls ;)...ZR

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Step 1 win lottery
Step 2 buy a big venue
Step 3 follow your lead.

A great haunt, well done you must have worked hard for months.
HA!...I've had this plan for about 2 years now and play the power ball twice a week!.....I've envisioned about a 100 X 200 X 30 building in the middle of a field so there would be plenty of parking....Step inside and your in a cemetery complete with low lying fog and dead trees with a path leading to a victorian mansion (think Haunted Mansion Paris)....Step inside the front door to a huge ballroom with fireplace on either end and a staircase right up the middle with two doors on either side of the staircase.....This is where the party would be held....This would take up about half of the building....The other half would be the walk through...From the Ballroom, go into the door to the right and exit out the left....Once you've experienced the walk through, you would be allowed up the staircase which actually is a balcony that oversees the entire walk through on the other side from high above allowing you to watch others make their way through.....You could also have IR cameras at "Scare Zones" to capture your guests reactions which you could make a DVD of including all the pictures of the evening for them to enjoy after the event....Nah, I haven't put much thought about what I'd do if I won....:D....ZR

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am getting so many great ideas from you guys for next year, great job!
Thanks Mark!....I really enjoyed your show....Too bad you had so many problems in the beginning but I think everyone has to do trial and error to accomplish most projects we tackle...The great thing is you have something that is unique in the end...ZR

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
wow ZombieRaider, fantastic Halloween Decor! I just love that fireplace mantle all done up in a gargoyle theme with the red lighting. Where do you set all the up as it didn't sound like it's in your home? THanks for sharing the pics:)

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
Awesome sets!!!!! I love your lighting and everything! Where'd you get the cool sconces above the fireplace?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A Witch From Canada - Thanks!...Yeah, I know what you mean...If your not checking every hour, you definitely miss something!

Dutchess Of Darkness - I have an outdoor building that's 14 X 32 I use to decorate....Thanks!

SBVOL - The 2 gargoyles on the bottom are actually 4 total pieces....My sister made the very bottom 2 out of ceramic with 2 gargoyles sitting on top of them from Target....The big one on the mantle was a ceramic also poured by my sister....Thanks!

colmmoo - Thank You!....Those sconces were on clearance at ToysRUs quite a few years ago right after Halloween....I don't remember the company but they also made the skull candleabras that was out at the same time....

bethene - Thank You very much!

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
That looks FABULOUS!! I too, need more space (don't we all:rolleyes:) Love the "crumbling" walls and the loose wallpaper look. Are those scene setters??

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MHooch - Thanks!....Yes, That is Scene Setter wallpaper top and bottom.....The building only has insulation, no drywall so when I started putting the scene setter plastic up- I could see the writing on the back of the insulation through the scene setter.... (yes, I know your not suppose to have the paper facing out but I didn't want a room full of fiberglass and I'm not drywalling) I painted the ceiling and walls black to cover up all the writing so it wouldn't show through and also blend in all that wonderful yellow electrical wiring....Next year I'm painting the floor black and hopefully get the rest of the ceiling covered in camo netting to hide all the electrical wires/air line/motion sensors/etc.....The scene setter looked great after painting the walls behind it....ZR

1 - 20 of 23 Posts