Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have anything special planned for this weekend? Last min shopping, movie marathons? Baking? Prop building?

How's everyone making out?

I need to get reeses cups I forgot to get a bag.
Bake cupcakes for this week
Buy the food for Halloween lunch and dinner
Get the snacks (pumpkin pie and chips and dip)
DVR Vincent Price movies on TCM
Get my mp3 player and speaker ready with the creepy music and sounds for the graveyard
Hit the stores for last min items
Get my costume out and ready
Buy a pumpkin

Next week I have to hit the storage locker and get out the outdoor Halloween night items and the graveyard items!

Busy few days coming up! Anyone taking time off?

Has anyone seen any good pumpkin flavored items this year in the store?

I have off Tuesday Oct 29 to Nov 1 plus my normal weekend

And don't forget if you have xm radio their Halloween channel starts soon!

·
Registered
600 Posts
We are going to the beach Friday - Monday. *LOL* I knew we'd be going this weekend, so I've been busting my butt to get things done before hand. Beside carving jack o lanterns, setting up fog chiller, fog machine and singing pumpkins the day of, I'm pretty much done. I've done trial runs on the fog stuff and singing pumpkins, so we should be good to go.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Not really anything I have to get done, but I'm thinking about making a photo backdrop for parents to take their kids pictures in front of. We'll see.

·
Registered
211 Posts
We are going to Halloweekend's at Cedar Point (amusement park) on Saturday. I haven't been there in years, so I'm excited! I don't have much else planned other than maybe dressing up and going out one night. I hope to squeeze in going to another local haunt. We shall see! I also haven't watched hardly any of my yearly Halloween season movies...so I need to pick up the pace on that! Just going to get in what I can before my favorite time of year is over.

I had my party this past Saturday the 19th, I always get the post-Halloween Party blues :(

·
Registered
880 Posts
just have to get some lawn stakes tie downs for our two story gemmy cat
get more halloween pencils for the treat sacks
we set everything up on halloween day we have all airblowns IMG_0474_small.jpg

·
Registered
175 Posts
Setup starts on sunday (as well as holidays for Halloween) it should take a couple of days to get the haunt set up and operating . Weather is looking good ( no rain in the forecast). I just hope I feel better soon, been sick for two days.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Friday night- Ghost Trolley and Haunted Boo-seum
Saturday- Nearby town main street shops are having trick or treating
Saturday night- a family friendly halloween event at a local park
Sunday night- SCREAMTOWN!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Day of I need to back my car out of the garage and make a spider lair in its place, also a place for me to sit and candy set up with lights.

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
Our maze has been up and operating for a couple of weeks now, so we're kind of just on cruise control.
The hard work is done (until we have to tear down) and we're just maintaining props, refilling the generator and fog machines, and grinning every time someone screams.
We had our biggest night ever tonight: 200 people in two hours.
I love Halloween.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mostly decorating the outside. The weather was preventing me from starting early this year, so I'm going to try to do the majority of it tomorrow. I got the last pieces of my costume today, so that's done. I think I just need to pick up some food items and that's about it!

·
Registered
865 Posts
We had major winds all day and evening yesterday (50 km gusting to 60 - about 30 mph to 40) and a lot of my work was knocked down. Concession Clown (of course. I'm so frustrated with that *(&^((& clown!) and the Ring Master (which has held up perfectly until now) in the front yard. Luckily the lighting, Wolf Boy's tent and the Fortune Teller stayed put. So that's not too much of a repair job). In the backyard, the tarp I rigged as a circus tent and the lights that lined it - down. The Casbah is a major mess. I can't believe some of the gravestones are still standing. So I have to repair that today or tomorrow. If the wind is still strong today, I'm going to wait until tomorrow. Even if it's colder tomorrow, it's better than spending time on work that's just going to come down again.

Tonight I'm going to one of the haunter's houses for dinner and a costume 'rehearsal'. A mini pre-Halloween meeting with wine.

On the rest of to do list:

-Put up posters in the neighbourhood
-Rig and blacklight Murdered Bride Chamber. I want to suspend her with fishing line so it looks like she's levitating. I was going to levitate her in a supine (lying down) position but now I'm wondering if I should suspend her upright. Which do you think would look creepier?
-Black out Seance Parlour and dress with props
-Dress Magic Shop
-Make Ghouls
-Dress Graveyard Picnic
-Build one more lifesize prop for graveyard
-Distress 'Fun House' Mirror. I have a big mirror with a crack in it. It makes you look tall and skinny. I was going to make a Mylar mirror but why not work with what I've got?
-Extra dressing/lights in front yard Carnevil
-Run/check power lines and fog machine
-Build Hot Coal bed
-Make some Midway games for the little ones
-Fill Concession Clown's cart with 'treats'
-Bake Witch Fingers (my young haunters love these)
-Menu plan and shop for after party (including one haunter's birthday cake)

All of that won't happen this weekend but I'd like to cross off as many items as I can!

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
We had major winds all day and evening yesterday (50 km gusting to 60 - about 30 mph to 40) and a lot of my work was knocked down.
-Rig and blacklight Murdered Bride Chamber. I want to suspend her with fishing line so it looks like she's levitating. I was going to levitate her in a supine (lying down) position but now I'm wondering if I should suspend her upright. Which do you think would look creepier?
That's quite the list, Palladino.

We've gotten lucky this year (knock on wood). Some years the winds are so terrible in our area, some of our wooden maze panels get destroyed before we're able to reinforce them.

I don't know what your bride prop looks like, but the pose in this picture:
th.jpg
...is pretty spooky (minus the briefcase, of course).

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I feel for you Palladio

The winds were bad here last year too the day before Halloween and knocked over a lot of my things.

·
Halloween Nut
2,942 Posts
In a word, everything
two words, not ready
three words, not gonna be

My singing skulls not programmed yet. Probably wont be by Thursday. Crap. Work sucked this week, and now I'm just sitting here overwhelmed. Sorry to whine.

·
Registered
897 Posts
What's on my to-do list? Everything. I haven't even started to decorate yet. Both Sept & Oct seem to just be flying by and I admit I have been so busy with "life" things that I lost track of time. I have been slowly gathering things from the thrift store and fixing things that got damages a couple years ago in the wind storm but I keep thinking I have plenty of time to get things done. I mean I have even been working on a few small props like my paper mache ghost pirate and witch book but I keep thinking there are weeks left to get things done. WRONG! *clutches chest*

I mean I kneeeew...kinda...in the back of my mind that Halloween was now like a week or so away but when my cousin casually mentioned today in the store that she needs to get treats because Halloween is on Thurday...THURDAY !!! I was like..Ummhmmm...WHAT? What the h*^# do you mean Thursday? :mad: Eeek! It is so wierd that for some reason it never settled into my mind that Halloween is on THURSDAY. I mean I have been coming to the forum pretty much everyday and people have mentioned the rush to get things done but it just never "clicked" for me. Why, oh why, didn't you guys say Halloween is on Thursday? ;)

I think I have been hoping that if I ignore the calendar and I don't think about it, then it won't happen til I'm ready even though I know the world doesn't revolve around me and my "wants". I can't really understand what is happening this year with my calendar...I think there is an evil spell on me and I just totally lose all track of time, days and even weeks. Where has the time gone? *fans self*

My heart is racing just thinking about it so I guess I won't be getting any sleep tonight. I will be thinking about everything I have to do tomorrow.

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
I am so far behind this year that I have decided [OK, my wife decided for me] that I'm doing a "kinder, gentler" display this year. I had my open studio day for my art studio on 10/5 so I lost the 1st week of Oct to preparing for that. Work got crazy the next week and all I did was scramble to keep orders filled and shipping on schedule. I got sick last week and slept for most of it. Now we're expecting rain starting Monday and running all week so I had to promise that I wouldn't push too hard and make myself sick again by trying to get the whole cemetery repaired and set up in the rain. :( We'll set up a pumpkin patch in the garage this year and next year I get to go 110%. I'll put out stuff that is easy to unpack/set up and take down/repack and I have all week to do it since it'll all be under cover this time. This means mostly blowmolds, a few simple props, and carving maybe 4 JoLs. But I still wish I could have the complete cemetery even if I didn't get any of the improvements, repairs or new items made.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Almost done!
Need to finish the door for the new Warewolf cage.
Enclose the porch
Get the inflatable cats on the roof and the window covers up on the second floor
Clear away all the Halloween totes and we are ready!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts