Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out and about today to grab a few things. And stopped by spirit to see what they had left for tomorrow and they were so packed you qoukd of thought they were giving stuff away. And all the sudden bam a huge fight breaks out! People were throwing props and pushing one another. I tired to break some of it up because there were little kids in the mix of things and this guy cracks me right in the head with a rubber rat! I wanted to give him a beat down but just snatched the rat from him and said " you get that one for free now get outta here now! " after about 10 min ppl calmed down. After ppl started to leave a lady said to me "sir your head is cut and bleeding" it was time to go thats what I get for trying to help. Amazingly no cops showed what a way to start Halloween

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
That's horribly embarrassing, getting cut on the scalp with a flimsy rubber rat...lol

But I've experienced worse.

When I used to be a firefighter, I was once knocked out by a dead man's arm. Dude on a motor cycle got splattered by a tractor trailer (biker ran a red light and left turned right into 50 mph traffic) and his arm, which we couldn't find, fell out of a tree and hit me in the head. I woke up to the rest of they guys laughing and saying things like "holy ****, you got knocked out by an armless dead guy!"

·
Registered
260 Posts
Geez, now Halloween is getting as bad as Christmas. I figured this type of stuff would happen once the Halloween "industry" took off. Halloween used to be a homegrown thing, now we have Halloween Superstores (like Spirit) where we can all get maniacal and pissed off that somebody grabbed the last over-priced Chinese-made animatronic bloody stump off the shelf right in front of us! Yay! Happy Halloween! :mad:

Stupid freaking people!

Good for you Corpsesnight!

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
I wonder what caused people to lose their minds like that?

Working in retail for a long time I know things can kinda get outta hand, but that takes the cake.
And glad that you restrained yourself. At least no kids got harmed...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Seems like Spirit locations cut back this year. Perhaps more people per store / more taking longer drives to get to a store / more fights over merchandise.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Let's fight over the fake-looking $40 prop with the 25¢ speaker and the 30-year old electronic horror-sound track! Yay! :eek:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The only things I really like at Spirit are the candelabras (skull vampire), and the flying bats (why the hell do they suck down enough power to kill a high quality AA rechargeable in 1 hour though....). Everything else I can generally get elsewhere cheaper that I might want.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts