Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Despite the fact that we had less than half the TOTs as we had last year, I'm pretty pleased with the yard haunt setup.

Our ghost wasn't a flying one (motor woes) but next year she'll be a true FCG. We have actually reached the point where we are getting choosy about what goes out - we have enough stuff to NOT use some of it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, here are some of the pics from our 3rd year of doing a full on yard haunt:

(This is not a prop - it's my hubby! He was SOOOO good at standing completely still, that he scared the bejebbus out of the teens and older kids when he'd suddenly turn his head or take a few steps towards them... and one kid down the street was in love with "Michael" and kept coming back all night to say hello. ;) )

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!
I got him real coveralls and aged them and then smeared and splattered it with black and red (to simulate grease stains and blood). We searched through quite a few Myers masks to find the best looking one.

I need to take a day time pic for better detail. :) My hubby loved it, and he's looking forward to our party so he gets to set up our friends.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Love the Mausoleum. I've thought about making one of those. People love my crank ghost flying in the front window of the house and putting it outside closer to them might be nice. Only problem is, "Where the heck do I put it the other 364 days of the year?" lol

I like the fence too. (I like it all) What are the posts made out of?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the nice comments! :)

This is a better pic of my hubby's Michael Myers costume... taken at our party last night with a few of our friends:

Love the Mausoleum. I've thought about making one of those. People love my crank ghost flying in the front window of the house and putting it outside closer to them might be nice. Only problem is, "Where the heck do I put it the other 364 days of the year?" lol

I like the fence too. (I like it all) What are the posts made out of?
My crypt is collapsible. ;) It is right now reposing in the garage in a 1 foot x 5 foot area against the wall (not counting the roof - no way to collapse it without taking it completely apart, but still it's not that much space). The walls weigh about 2-3 pounds each and can be taken down and put back together in about 15 minutes.
http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/72394-my-crypt-fcg.html

The fence posts are cardboard and styrofoam. I am pretty amazed at them as they have weathered two years worth of Halloweens, with HEAVY rains and look fine and still are holding their shape as well as the day I made them except for a bit of crinkling at the bottom and some slight paint flaking.
http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-step-step/69731-cheap-graveyard-columns-cardboard.html

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Nice display! I remember reading about all the problems you had with the FCG...did anyone suggest using a small fan to at least make her move some in the crypt? Something to keep in mind if all else fails next year : )

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok! its bad enough Michael Myers scared the bejesus out of me as a kid..but couldn't you take the red eye out!?!?!

*runs away screaming*
Mwah HA HA! :D Evil plan working!

I thought about it, but it looked truly evil so I just HAD to leave them red. (Hubby has lovely light blue eyes, and just like a siamese cat - looks EVIL when he gets his pic taken. ;) )

Nice display! I remember reading about all the problems you had with the FCG...did anyone suggest using a small fan to at least make her move some in the crypt? Something to keep in mind if all else fails next year : )
I tried a fan, but it didn't do anything but flutter the bottom a little and I just took it out. The ghost still looked amazing and I am determined to get that $#%@! arm/motor connection to work for next year.

Thanks so much for the comments! I'm a glory hound, and unfortunately was too busy keeping everything running to hear any of the usual nice comments... and asking my hubby results in "They liked it." with no good details. *sigh* :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts