Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built 10 sections of PVC pipe at 8 feet per panel. The problem is I used 3/4 PVC pipe and I ordered 120 1 inch finiales. The other problem is that these were ment to slide into a 1 inch opening instead of side over the top. I can not find plastic 1 inch finials that slide over. If you use 1/2 PVC you need 3/4 finials correct. Any other suggestions? I really want to use finials.

·
Registered
916 Posts
The only other thing I can think of that may or may not work is to glue a small piece of 1" PVC onto the top of the fence so just enough sticks out to allow you to mount your finial too. I think the 1" PVC will slide over the 3/4"

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Here's how I attached my finials to my fence tops, and secured them with hot glue.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Not sure if this helps or not - I don't recall the relative dimensions of my PVC tubing and finials - nor can I remember where I found the idea.

Perhaps I am aging.

I used a heat gun to soften the top of the PVC tubing then squished the finial down over it. Once the PVC hardened, the finial was lodged onto it. No glue.

Cheers,

JD

·
Registered
285 Posts
I built 10 sections of PVC pipe at 8 feet per panel. The problem is I used 3/4 PVC pipe and I ordered 120 1 inch finiales. The other problem is that these were ment to slide into a 1 inch opening instead of side over the top. I can not find plastic 1 inch finials that slide over. If you use 1/2 PVC you need 3/4 finials correct. Any other suggestions? I really want to use finials.
1/2" pvc use 1" finials to just slide over.
Otherwise you have to either dowel and peg, or use a heat gun to soften the pvc and slide the finial over, or drill the finial base and attach.

You can drill or heat with your sizing as it is now.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 3/4 coupling units worked really well. Bought 120 of them heated them up and popped them in. Worked out great. Took about 2 hours doing 120 of them though.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts