1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
273 Posts
Same ones I use. Bigger discount when you order 500, I didn't think I would use that many until I ran out.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I didn't have a good experience with kings. they ended up charging me about triple the price of the finial just on shipping without even quoting it to me at check out. when i asked them about it they had no explanation or fix. i was out about 40 bucks because of them. so i got mine on ebay at a much cheaper price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For 1/2 inch round pvc pipe what size plastic square finials should I order the 5/8 or 3/4 to fit not sure what the inside dimension is on those.

·
Registered
987 Posts
We ordered ours from King Metals. They have periodic sales and in July we got them for 15% off. However, that said, with the slide toward Halloween already picking up speed, I'm not sure waiting until labor day might not stress anyone's time line to get such a large fence done.

One less expensive idea you can try if you have a lot of time on your hands, or lots of kids that can be pressed into service, is Stalloween's approach to budget finials. http://www.stolloween.com/?page_id=6308 . They really are quite nice from just a few feet away, but you might get carpal tunnel syndrome from trying to cut out that many finials. :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ouch

I use half inch PVC electrical conduit.
It's still a little too big so I heat the ends with a heat gun for a few seconds and then it moves enough to. When it cools they are really stuck on

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ordered mine from Kings metals, quick service and I now have 16 eight foot sections complete. LOL, while I was making them over the course of about 3 weekends I told my husband it was like watching remodel shows on HGTV, we remodeled this whole house in a week easy peasy, then try it at home it takes you six months to finish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts