Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. The description of this projector says 2200 lumens, 16:9 image aspect ratio and 800x480 native resolution. I know I've read good ones are closer to $200 at least, so will this work out for window projections do you think?? Video projector Lcd projector Electronics Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
288 Posts
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. The description of this projector says 2200 lumens, 16:9 image aspect ratio and 800x480 native resolution. I know I've read good ones are closer to $200 at least, so will this work out for window projections do you think?? View attachment 255236
That resolution is pretty low. I would pass personally.

What are you doing with it? If it is just projecting an image on your window, then yes it would work.

Edit to say, I just read that this will be projecting on a window. :( My bad. It will be good for that but not much else.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I see they list two contrast ratios in the description: 1000:1 and 500:1

I don't know all the tech details of projectors, but am not sure if this is low or not for your application. Hopefully, someone else can tell you.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I'm new to this--I appreciate your input, I was focused on lumens but not resolution. What would be more of an appropriate resolution? But yeah, I'm only planning on window projections.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Depends on your budget, but ideally HD is preferred. You can find some refurbished ones with 1024x768 resolution on ebay. But like I said you should be fine with what you posted for window projections. Also don't waste money on some projection screen material. A shower curtain from Wal-Mart will be fine. Just look for something that is made out of polyester or nylon. You don't want anything with a sheen to it or you will have some bad hot spotting going on.

·
Registered
Pirates
232 Posts
That will work fine. I bought one similar 4 years ago. Guy who sold it too me mentioned it needed a new lamp, but it was still working. I've used it for windows and projecting onto shower curtains for a garage theatre. Even used it for a neighborhood movie night. Still running strong. 2000+ lumens will be fine too.

Buy it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.