Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. The description of this projector says 2200 lumens, 16:9 image aspect ratio and 800x480 native resolution. I know I've read good ones are closer to $200 at least, so will this work out for window projections do you think?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442187297.126846.jpg

·
Registered
288 Posts
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. The description of this projector says 2200 lumens, 16:9 image aspect ratio and 800x480 native resolution. I know I've read good ones are closer to $200 at least, so will this work out for window projections do you think?? View attachment 255236
That resolution is pretty low. I would pass personally.

What are you doing with it? If it is just projecting an image on your window, then yes it would work.

Edit to say, I just read that this will be projecting on a window. :( My bad. It will be good for that but not much else.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I see they list two contrast ratios in the description: 1000:1 and 500:1

I don't know all the tech details of projectors, but am not sure if this is low or not for your application. Hopefully, someone else can tell you.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You will be fine with that for window projections. Great thing about window projections is that no one is going to be up close inspecting, they will be seeing it from afar. So that resolution is fine.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! I'm new to this--I appreciate your input, I was focused on lumens but not resolution. What would be more of an appropriate resolution? But yeah, I'm only planning on window projections.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Depends on your budget, but ideally HD is preferred. You can find some refurbished ones with 1024x768 resolution on ebay. But like I said you should be fine with what you posted for window projections. Also don't waste money on some projection screen material. A shower curtain from Wal-Mart will be fine. Just look for something that is made out of polyester or nylon. You don't want anything with a sheen to it or you will have some bad hot spotting going on.

·
Registered
177 Posts
That will work fine. I bought one similar 4 years ago. Guy who sold it too me mentioned it needed a new lamp, but it was still working. I've used it for windows and projecting onto shower curtains for a garage theatre. Even used it for a neighborhood movie night. Still running strong. 2000+ lumens will be fine too.

Buy it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts